Two Under 2

XP Less Expensive Double Stroller

Am I the only one that can't spend $700 on a double stroller?? I found the Kolcraft Contours Optima tandem double on Craigslist which I plan to keep in the car for the mall and whatnot. I heard that it isn't good outside, so I'd like to get something else that can go through grass and whatnot. I won't be jogging or anything, just something that I can go to softball games and festivals with. Any suggestions that are $300 or less?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP Less Expensive Double Stroller

• I've briefly browsed online for doubles and I thought I saw some on BRU sites from Graco that were in the $150 range. Haven't looked at them in person so I don't know how good/sturdy they are, but I know I've seen some options for the $300 or less price range.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got the combi twin sport for under $200 at babies r us. You can find it on craigslist used even cheaper.

I would suggest checking craigslist for used options.

• Loading the player...
  • I bought both of my doubles used. $35 for a Graco DuoGlider and $55 for a Baby Trend jogging stroller.  The Graco is going to fall apart soon, but I've been pretty tough on it.  The tires on the Baby Trend leak so I don't use it much.  My advice would be to buy something cheap and used and beat the crap out of it.  By the time the younger one is a year or so, you can use a wagon.  
  • I bought a Graco Quattro Tour Duo for about $150-200 (I bought it a long time ago) from Kijiji.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Right now I have the Baby Trend Expedition single stroller for my son, and I know they make a double version, so that's what I'm leaning towards getting.
  • I got a Graco DuoGlider for $100 at Target. We use it for shopping, the zoo, festivals/fairs, walks around the neighborhood, and for us it works great. 
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I bought my Graco DuoGlider on Craigslist for 35 or 40 dollars when I was a nanny. I plan on replacing it soon and will be buying another used stroller.
  • Craigslist - anything with a metal frame should be in good shape. I think Instep or Babytrend makes a double jogger. Or the Joovy scooter x2
  • We got a Joovy Scooter x2, and it is a pretty decent stroller, the basket is amazing. It is not the inflatable tires, so it isn't awesome "off road" but it isn't awful either, I'm generally ok to go anyplace. I have a tough time at some stores at the mall, but I've never come to a doorway I wasn't able to get in (knock on wood). I've got about 50+ lbs of baby in there right now, and I don't think it is difficult to push.
    image        image
  • imageIrisheyes1247:
    We got a Joovy Scooter x2, and it is a pretty decent stroller, the basket is amazing. It is not the inflatable tires, so it isn't awesome "off road" but it isn't awful either, I'm generally ok to go anyplace. I have a tough time at some stores at the mall, but I've never come to a doorway I wasn't able to get in knock on wood. I've got about 50 lbs of baby in there right now, and I don't think it is difficult to push.

Thank you for your review as that's the stroller I've been eyeing! It doesn't fit my Chicco infant seat so it would be for later on when he can go straight into the seat. Thank you everyone for your responses!
  • imageroxyfoxy85:
    imageIrisheyes1247:
    We got a Joovy Scooter x2, and it is a pretty decent stroller, the basket is amazing. It is not the inflatable tires, so it isn't awesome "off road" but it isn't awful either, I'm generally ok to go anyplace. I have a tough time at some stores at the mall, but I've never come to a doorway I wasn't able to get in knock on wood. I've got about 50 lbs of baby in there right now, and I don't think it is difficult to push.
    Thank you for your review as that's the stroller I've been eyeing! It doesn't fit my Chicco infant seat so it would be for later on when he can go straight into the seat. Thank you everyone for your responses!

My second never was a "nap on the go" kind of kid, so we ended up using it a lot earlier that I thought I would, like 2mos old. The seats recline to almost completely flat, so just in case you need this option, it works fine.

Also, we don't use the bar on the front, so I know that impact the space, but I am able to fit it in the trunk of our Kia Spectra with no problems, so it will fit in a small car.

image        image
  • I got a baby trend expedition double from Craigslist for 85. I'm not a runner but I like the bigger tires for walking outdoors/trails. I also got a joovy ultralight from CL for 100.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Try consignment sales (a lot of churches and moms groups down here in Atlanta put them on).  I also see great strollers there, as well as Craigslist.  Personally, I would never want two double strollers, unless I had an extra garage and loved the extra work out of hauling them in and out of the car!  I would just get one that can go off roading; it will work fine in the mall, too.  
  • I have the combi duo sport. I like it. :
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers natural miscarriages- 12/18/07 & 2/18/13 (AKA:KRISTA555)
  • i picked up a Baby Trend Navigator double jogger off kijiji for $150. They are about $270 new at BRU. I haven't used it a whole lot because #2 isn't here for another 7 weeks, but I have a friend with twins (18m) and she hasn't worn it out yet. I've pushed 2 25+lb babies in it and it's great. I got it for snow and camping, we also have a cheapy tandem for stores and things. 

The only complaints I would have would be it's too wide for most doorways and it's fairly heavy (40lbs). I won't lift it this far into the pg, and i'll need DH to lift it for me for a while after baby as well (c/s). 

• We just bought a double jogger at BRU for $189 it was an instep Safari brand.  Pushed LO in it around the store and when we got home, we are impressed it works so well for being a cheaper jogger.

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageIrisheyes1247:
    We got a Joovy Scooter x2, and it is a pretty decent stroller, the basket is amazing. It is not the inflatable tires, so it isn't awesome "off road" but it isn't awful either, I'm generally ok to go anyplace. I have a tough time at some stores at the mall, but I've never come to a doorway I wasn't able to get in (knock on wood). I've got about 50+ lbs of baby in there right now, and I don't think it is difficult to push.

I don't have 2u2, but we do have two and this stroller is awesome! We have the graco duo and it's nice but it gets so heavy to push for some reason, the Joovy is awesome and doesn't feel too heavy at all, plus the storage underneath is great. There is a great review of it on youtube if you search. I would high recommend it for the price!

imageimage

• If you aren't running, you can get away with a less expensive "jogger".  I don't know which of the off-market (non BOB, P&T, Mountain Buggy) is best, but if you are just using it to get to festivals and such you can just go play witih them and see which is best. 

I agree with keeping your eyes on Craigslist though.  Some RIDICULOUS deals pop up.  My BOB Duallie was brand spanking new (plastic still protecting the padding on the straps) and I bought it for $250 from a woman who got it as a gift and just decided running with a stroller wasn't her thing.  I don't think she really researched the market (how much they are worth lightly used) and I pounced on it.  The only downside was I had to drive to a city 90 minutes away.  But for that deal it was a no brainer.

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"