Breastfeeding

shellfish???

So LO has been very cranky today, and I think it is because he is just congested and not feeling well...he's thrown up a few times from the post nasal drip. But DH seems to think it is from dinner last night- I had crab, shrimp, and clams.  Is it possible that he could have a reaction to shellfish through the milk or is that too far fetched? 

Re: shellfish???

• It is possible. DD2 can't tolerate dairy, soy, or nuts in my diet. I've heard of babies breaking out in hives in reaction to something the mom had eaten.

I'm on the mobile site so I can't see if your LO's age is in your siggy. But I would mention this to the pedi and ask for a RAST blood test to check for a shellfish allergy once LO is 6 months or older. [The test is more accurate the older they are]. Shellfish are one of the Top 8 allergens.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • My DD is milk soy protein intolerant so I'm very careful and track what I eat. One day she was cranky then had some blood in her stool, unless I messed up somewhere shrimp was the culprit. I'll just avoid it for now and we'll do some allergy testing after a year.

image   image

• Loading the player...
  • imageEMO-mamma:
    My DD is milk soy protein intolerant so I'm very careful and track what I eat. One day she was cranky then had some blood in her stool, unless I messed up somewhere shrimp was the culprit. I'll just avoid it for now and we'll do some allergy testing after a year.

Every time I have sushi my LO gets very bad gas followed by explosive runny poop. I'm sure that shellfish could cause the same kind of issues. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"