February 2012 Moms
Options

Lunch Ideas

What are you all giving your baby for lunch?  We had been doing breakfast (oatmeal + 1/2 pouch of fruit) and dinner (rice cereal + 1/2 jar of veggie), and are now ready to add the third meal.  We gave Nora plain yogurt this weekend and it went fine, but I'm wondering what others are doing.  She's not too fond of chunks of food yet and hasn't gotten the hang of picking up things like puffs, so we're still working on that.  Are you all just doing another fruit/veggie at lunch?

Thanks for any suggestions you might have! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Lunch Ideas

• Options
    I'm in the same boat! Logan has rice cereal and fruit bananas or pears for breakfast, and veggies with either rice cereal again or just plain.
    Today we had an afternoon snack of banana and peach chunks! Tomorrow I think we might try some cooked peas, since he loves the pureed peas and carrots. We are holding off on the dairy a little longer. It seems my poor guy inherited my gluten sensitivity, which can come with lactose intolerance. No problems so far with formula but I don't want to rush things!
  • Options
    Right now, I'm giving some full fat (or sometimes greek) yogurt mixed with fruit puree.  Eventually, I will move to a veggie when I begin giving meat at dinner.  We also take lunch time to practice eating puffs and sipping water from the straw sippy cup.
    Feb'12 March Siggy Challenge - Lucky Charm
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #3 - 05.20.11, EDD - 01.31.12, Logan is here! 02.05.12
    BFP #2 - 03.16.11, M/C 03.24.11
    BFP #1 - 10.17.10, Blighted Ovum dx, M/C 01.09.11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We do Greek yogurt with fruit in it for breakfast. Fruit or something new for lunch. Veggie/meat for dinner.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We do usually yogurt or oatmeal with fruit for breakfast.  On weekends we sometimes do eggs.  

For lunch we usually do just a veggie, or avocado.  Sometimes she'll get finger food if I'm making some for the girls (like a strip of cheese quesadilla), but often just the pureed veggie.

And then for dinner she usually gets pureed whatever we are eating, so often meat and veggies.   

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    We do either two veggies and a fruit or a meat, veggie and fruit. We also sometimes do yogurt.  But we do whole jars, not half and we do the second and third food jars/containers. And he does that twice a day for Lunch and then dinner. Sometimes he will do breakfast and it will be the baby oatmeal and I will mix in a jar of fruit, usually it's bananas.
    "Before cancer I just lived, now I LIVESTRONG"- Lance Armstrong. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We just do another fruit or veggie, whatever I happen to grab from the cabinet that morning. DD gets oatmeal and a fruit in the morning, and rice cereal and a veggie for dinner as well. We currently don't do any meat or milk products like yogurt.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"