Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Snuza Halo vs. Snuza Hero

I have an Angelcare monitor that I now use in my DDs crib, but she only sleeps there at night- she naps in her swing, etc during the day- places where I cannot use the Angelcare.  I am considering getting the Snuza because of its portability- also for when we travel to DHs parents house overnight, etc, for the peace of mind.   I probably should have just bought the Snuza in the first place, instead of having two monitors with nearly identical functions.  The usefulness of Snuzas portability is really appealing to me now since she is not napping in her crib. 

My question is, What is the difference between the Snuza Halo and the Snuza Hero?  I can't seem to figure it out. Is one better/ has more functions than the other?  Which would you recommend?  TIA! 

Re: Snuza Halo vs. Snuza Hero

• I have no hard facts, but here is what I'm guessing based on my own experience. I think they are the same. I have a handmedown snuza halo without the instruction manual. I went to their website and noticed that there is no halo listed anymore. The hero manual matched my halo perfectly. The only thing I'm not sure of is if the modes or flashing light patterns are the same because I haven't really looked. My theory is that maybe snuza changed the name because of an issue with the similar named halo sleep sack? In this day and age of copyright issues, it's the best explanation I could come up with.

Edited for clarity
  • I think the hero vibrates after 5 seconds of no movement. I have the halo and love it! 

chasechristmas

Chase Matthew born at 35 weeks on July 31st

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imagedownwardsunshine:

I think the hero vibrates after 5 seconds of no movement. I have the halo and love it! 

So the Halo doesnt vibrate?  I was under the impression it vibrated after like 15 seconds (The Halo).  Thank you! 

• imageAmethyst0515:
    I have no hard facts, but here is what I'm guessing based on my own experience. I think they are the same. I have a handmedown snuza halo without the instruction manual. I went to their website and noticed that there is no halo listed anymore. The hero manual matched my halo perfectly. The only thing I'm not sure of is if the modes or flashing light patterns are the same because I haven't really looked. My theory is that maybe snuza changed the name because of an issue with the similar named halo sleep sack? In this day and age of copyright issues, it's the best explanation I could come up with. Edited for clarity

Interesting, you might be onto something.  They seemed so similar to me that I couldnt figure out the differences.   Does your halo vibrate, by the way?  Thank you. 

• I believe they are the same. We have the Hero love it. When I was looking for it, I found that there were 2 names as well. I talked to someone in customer service where I purchased it and she said the Halo is the older version Hero is the newer version.
  • imagejksavers:
    I believe they are the same. We have the Hero love it. When I was looking for it, I found that there were 2 names as well. I talked to someone in customer service where I purchased it and she said the Halo is the older version Hero is the newer version.

Thank you for clarifying!

Thanks again to pps too.   It sounds like it is one and the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"