Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Gas Drops

My son is starting to really fidget and fuss. He grunts a lot and it seems to result in a lot of farts. He is also spitting up more and having big burps. Can I try gas drops without asking the ped? Is there any risk with them?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Gas Drops

• Options
    My pedi said they aren't necessary but I use them anyway. Little Tummys brand is what we have it doesn't seem to make much difference.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

We have also used the Little Tummies brand but we like Gripe water better becasue it seems to help with hiccups too. There is a little tummies brand and a mothers bliss brand, both at walmart. But we asked our pedi about gas relief when DD was a week old and she said they were fine to use.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We used to use them, but our pediatrician told us they don't actually do anything. She said we were welcome to use them if we wanted to though. We stopped and haven't noticed any difference. It's gotten better as he's gotten older though.

• Options
    Ive used gripe water. It helps for a little bit and it is natural which is what I prefer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

P didn't like the little tummys gas drops, to the point of spitting it out instead of swallowing it and it didn't seem to work.

I use gripe water and it works better than the gas drops ever did, even when she would swallow that.

Our pedi said that both were fine

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"