Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Question about nursery

Baby isnt here yet but i wanted to ask when did you ladies start getting your nursery set up and decorated? I def dont want to start to early and def dont want to wait last minute (which i usually do). This is my first so i have no idea! I bet you all are busy with your new babies but any opinion would be greatly appriciated. Congrats on your beautiful little miracles!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Question about nursery

• Options

I had everything set up at about 7 months.  The third trimester was hard though, because everytime I saw her room, I just wanted her to get here. Those last few days just dragged by.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I started shortly after I found out the gender of our baby.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Most of it was done 2 months before she arrived.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

at like 37 weeks pg....

and it still not done (baby sleeps in our room right now anwyay)

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    It's still not 100% done actually! There are little things here and there that need to be done (crown molding for example). But it was basically ready to go at about 36 weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Earlier you start the easier it is for you to do it.  I'd wait until after the first trimester and then get started.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i wanted it done around week 27 but it was more week 34-36. too tiring that alte

• Options
    We started around the 6 month mark so that the basics were set up before our showers. Once the baby showers (work and family/friends) were over we were able to simply put everything away...that was at the 8 month mark. We delivered at 39m, 4days so we were a little early, but you never know so it worked out well for us. Plus there are so many other factors that happen at the end (i.e. fatigue, lots of paperwork, double up on dr. appts, etc.) so it was better for us to check this off of the list.
  • Options

We were team green so I decided to wait until after my son was born to do his nursery - I couldn't find any neutral decor that I liked. My plan was to have a girl and boy bedding etc picked out and just go buy it after he was born but he came 6 weeks early and I hadn't done it yet! Then, he spent 3 weeks in the NICU so I actually just finished it all last week.

• Options

In months 5 and 6 we did all the heavy lifting stuff, while I was still feeling good and could easily help, stuff like painting, chair rails, assembling crib, etc.  everything else was just set in there until after the baby showers.

Then I took a day or two to go through all the presents and  things that we had bought, realized we didn't need 50 0 to 3 months outfits, exchanged things and then started washing and setting up.

• Options
    I had the crib and changing table set up a month before DD was due, everything else I put up  and got organized during the week after my due date when was waiting for her to get out. I wish I had done more organizing while she was still cooking, though I'm still not sure that that would have helped any.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"