Breastfeeding
Options

What is your goal?

As in, how long are you hoping to bf for? Or, are you going to wait until your LO self weans.

When I found out I was pregnant, I had a goal of 6 months. During my 3rd trimester, that goal went up to 1 year. But now, I will happily continue  to breastfeed until my little man decides to stop. I never thought I would enjoy nursing this much. It's amazing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What is your goal?

• Options
    Originaly, my goal was 1 year. Now I think I might encouage weaning around 18 months. Who knows? Maybe when 18 months is nearing, I may not want to wean.
  • Options
    1 year and then self weaning
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My goal is 6 months!  I would love to go longer but working full time and pumping is hard to do.  I have been making a nice freezer stash so I am hoping to get to 9 months with frozen BM.
  • Options
    Nursing on-demand until one year, and then maybe just 2 or 3 times a day until 2. Self-weaning at or around 2.
  • Options
    I didn't have a goal when we started, but now I will wean soon after her first birthday.
  • Options
    My goal is at least 1 year and then self weaning after that.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    A year, but the last few weeks have been a struggle it feels to produce enough! He's ten months and eight days now, so we might just do cold turkey at a year... rather then weaning him. I don't know, we'll see what the next little while bring!
  • Options
    DD just turned six months, and I'm really proud of making it this far. I've had numerous struggles and had to start supplementing early on. We're down to about 50/50 breastmilk/formula. I want to quit every single day, but I'm trying to stick with it as long as I'm producing at least 6 oz/day up to one year. After that, I plan on stopping pumping and not taking supplements, but will continue to directly nurse DD as long as she's still interested in my low supply.
    Hilary
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Before and during PG, my goal was to BF for at least 1 year.  After the first few weeks, once nursing got easy, my goal changed to stopping pumping at work at 1 year, but still BFing until one of us wants to wean (probably until at least 18 months).  Now, that DS is almost 19 months, we're still going strong (in fact DS has been BFing MORE recently).  Unless circumstances change, and I no longer want to BF, my new goal is to continue until DS self-weans.

BFP#2:  EDD 2/11/14, MMC confirmed 7/15/13 (growth stopped at 6 weeks), D&C @ 12 weeks 7/25/13

• Options

My goal is a year, and then we'll re-evaluate at that time.  I'm actually EPing now, so it's a lot of work (but well worth it IMO).

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I always wanted to do at least 1 year, preferrably as long as she wanted. But I'm having supply issues and we're now trying her on the breast, then pumping and supplementing with formula every feed. It's very trying and I just don't see myself being able to sustain it, especially after my SO goes back to work. So my new goal is if my supply doesn't pick up, we go at least 4 months. I'd love longer but I'm working with what I've been dealt.
  • Options
    My goal was a year and then let DS lead the way. He still nurses twice a day and he is 13 months. I am not emotionally ready to stop yet- even though I would like to try for another, and my fertility isn't completely back yet. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It will be incredible if I get to one year. For now, taking it week by week. The dream is for LO to self wean, but it's a long road ahead...
  • Options
    imagejfresh:
    My goal is minimum one year, but I plan to go until he self weans.

Me too!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    For the majority of pregnancy, my goal was 1 year. The last tri, I decided we'd do blw, however long that takes:)
  • Options
    I've made my goal of a year. Now we are just nursing for fun. I don't know when we'll stop. He still nurses once in the morning before I leave for work, right when we get home, and then off and on throughout the evening until bed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My original goal was 1 year. If I can make it there, that will be April... At that point, I'm thinking, why not finish up the school year (I'm a teacher) and not make big changes until summer. That would take me to about 14 months. After that I will probably try to slowly wean, unless she does before then or my supply doesn't hold up. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Originally I didn't have a goal. I knew I wanted to and was going to do my very best but didnt want to disappoint myself if I didn't reach my goal. Slowly my goal became 6 months... I wanted to make it that far and I wouldn't feel bad if I stopped then. Now my goal is a year, and if I make it longer bonus!!
  • Options

imagekel716:
    1 year and then self weaning

this

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    My original goal was 6 months, then one year. When DS was born my goals became shorter 1 week, 1 month, 2 months, etc. Now my goal is to have him weaned before college, lol.
  • Options

My goal is one year. Has been from the very beginning (although those first 2 weeks were hell! and i thought that was quite an accomplishment)

However. I WANT MY BOOBIES BACK!!! I love providing natural nourishment for my baby... and I do it without hesitation, don't get me wrong. But.... I want to enjoy intimacy again. 

Who knows though. Maybe when 1 yr actually rolls around I will be bittersweet about weaning and keep it going a bit longer. It's a tough decision to make, but hopefully it will be clear when the time comes. 

+ 6/1/11, due 2/12/12. natural m/c @ 8wks
    + 9/3/11, due May 2012. overdue baby born healthy!
    + 8/3/15, natural m/c @ 5wks
    + 1/4/16, due 9/14/16

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    1 year, and want to wean by 2. I nursed DS1 until he was 20 months and I was ready to be done by then. At that time he was only nursing once per day at 5 am
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    What just happened in my diaper?!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I thought I would nurse for a year and then stop... but my LO stills enjoys nursing, it's still the best thing for him, and I still enjoy it so... not sure?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"