November 2012 Moms
Options

Why does no one participate in UO or FFFC?

Maybe there isn't enough snark on here or something because I feel like other boards, like the October one, have way more people participating...not that I'm an all-star poster myself.

That is all. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Why does no one participate in UO or FFFC?

• Options
    i didn't have an UO yesterday and i can't think of anything to confess. i try to participate as much as i can though (: and i do read the posts.
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't know what UO is... and I can't think quick enough for FFFC!

Haha, my username should read "3Girlsand1BoyMama"...with #5 on the way!  (and then we're done.)

Me, 33, DH, 32  DDs 9, 7, 4 and DS 2.  EDD #5 4-29-15

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

image3GirlsMama:
    I don't know what UO is... and I can't think quick enough for FFFC!

UO = unpopular opinion

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It is really hit or miss with me lately. But I feel like most of my UO's or FFFC lately are about other pregnant women.  And it feels strange to post about other pregnant women even when they are driving me nuts.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

It seems rare that anyone has a truly unpopular opinion-- and those who have had them in the past generally don't post them in UO.  They get beaten up elsewhere and then shut the F up in the future. 

As for FFFC, my Fridays are generally too busy for nasty confessions.  

• Options

By far, this board is too puppies/rainbows. 

Seriously- this board is lightyears different than my old BMB. We connected, got along, fought, made up, shared great experiences, came together for support when we had losses, helped out other boards, did gift exchanges, participated in silly games... Nov '12 just seems so disconnected to me. Its a shame really, I had high expectations to have another awesome BMB, but I just find Nov 'Meh'. I feel like most ladies here are afraid to voice their own opinions in fear of stirring the pot or bringing snark to the board- Which neither is a bad thing and brings diversity and personality to the board. 

I really do feel bad for the FTMs out there, I feel the TB can be a great place if you have a great BMB (I know mine was! And I didn't participate as near as much as I should have...)

Oh well.

Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
    Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
    <a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view
  • Options
    imagemilesc:

Seriously- this board is lightyears different than my old BMB. We connected, got along, fought, made up, shared great experiences, came together for support when we had losses, helped out other boards, did gift exchanges, participated in silly games... Nov '12 just seems so disconnected to me. Its a shame really, I had high expectations to have another awesome BMB, but I just find Nov 'Meh'. I feel like most ladies here are afraid to voice their own opinions in fear of stirring the pot or bringing snark to the board- Which neither is a bad thing and brings diversity and personality to the board. 

I really do feel bad for the FTMs out there, I feel the TB can be a great place if you have a great BMB (I know mine was! And I didn't participate as near as much as I should have...)

Oh well.

really? that's kind of sad. i'm a FTM and ever since i found TB, i was pretty happy. i don't have many friends where i moved so i kind of like having some people to talk to or atleast respond to or something. 
  • Options
    I feel like our facebook group is a lot closer-knit than TB.  It's a much smaller group and we all seem to know each other pretty well now. 
  • Options
    imagetasiaceleste:
    I feel like our facebook group is a lot closer-knit than TB.  It's a much smaller group and we all seem to know each other pretty well now. 

oh well that makes sense. i just posted about FB groups. 
  • Options

I always am just racking my brain to come up with *something*... I always really really want to participate. Anyone that "knows" my posts can say a lot of my UOs are completely random and my FFCs tend to get posted on days other than Fridays because Fridays are now my new days off and I tend to do things that need the most confessing Saturday and Sunday and have to come in and confess earlier in the week... if I try to wait, I'd forget by Friday!

However, having said that, I do see where Miles is coming from. Though I think Nov '12 has come a long way since I first started lurking here (the start of my second trimester) as far as people coming a little closer, I feel that a lot of the other BMBs are kicking our butts in the GTKY and bonding department and that does make me sad. I do plan to stick around here after our LOs get here and continue to grow with the women here, I just hope others stick around too.

• Options
    imagerachael_c26:

I always am just racking my brain to come up with *something*... I always really really want to participate. Anyone that "knows" my posts can say a lot of my UOs are completely random and my FFCs tend to get posted on days other than Fridays because Fridays are now my new days off and I tend to do things that need the most confessing Saturday and Sunday and have to come in and confess earlier in the week... if I try to wait, I'd forget by Friday!

However, having said that, I do see where Miles is coming from. Though I think Nov '12 has come a long way since I first started lurking here (the start of my second trimester) as far as people coming a little closer, I feel that a lot of the other BMBs are kicking our butts in the GTKY and bonding department and that does make me sad. I do plan to stick around here after our LOs get here and continue to grow with the women here, I just hope others stick around too.

We're all trolls, remember!! I think people get too sensitive.. discussions can get snarky, sure, but that's what makes them fun. There's no reason to take it personally. I can't remember from one day to the next who I have had disagreements with on here. It would be great if we could get more interesting things going, but as milesc said, no one wants to "stir the pot".

I want to read things that make me go like this:

• Options
    imagejoliebebe:
    imagerachael_c26:

We're all trolls, remember!! I think people get too sensitive.. discussions can get snarky, sure, but that's what makes them fun. There's no reason to take it personally. I can't remember from one day to the next who I have had disagreements with on here. It would be great if we could get more interesting things going, but as milesc said, no one wants to "stir the pot".

i agree. and i don't seem to get those few who find the need to block people. i think i read that from a previous post. i mean, i side eye some posts or comments but i don't take it out on the people who post them. i understand that we're not all going to agree on some topics and it's perfectly normal to have a few arguments here in there with some but why get mad at the person all in all. i even read this one post about why they stopped posting ticker changes because they shared it with someone they didn't like? maybe i misunderstood that. but whatever. i'm rambling. 
  • Options
    imagejoliebebe:
    imagerachael_c26:

i agree. and i don't seem to get those few who find the need to block people. i think i read that from a previous post. i mean, i side eye some posts or comments but i don't take it out on the people who post them. i understand that we're not all going to agree on some topics and it's perfectly normal to have a few arguments here in there with some but why get mad at the person all in all. i even read this one post about why they stopped posting ticker changes because they shared it with someone they didn't like? maybe i misunderstood that. but whatever. i'm rambling. 
  • Options

I find myself participating in the board less because I feel like I don't know the people on here anymore.  There's a handful of ladies that I look for because I feel like I "know" them, but we have had SO MANY who are late to the party or lurkers who are coming out of the dark, that I feel less acquainted than I used to.

BarooGirl said something during my second tri blow up at MandJS that has kind of stuck with me.  She talked about how the snark and variety of opinions helped to build relationships among the women here.  I thought she was crazy at first, but after being here awhile, I see that she's right.  *Note* She's not the only one who's said that along the way (milesc just did), but that was the first I saw it.

• Options
    imageCandaceLeigh:

I find myself participating in the board less because I feel like I don't know the people on here anymore.  There's a handful of ladies that I look for because I feel like I "know" them, but we have had SO MANY who are late to the party or lurkers who are coming out of the dark, that I feel less acquainted than I used to.

BarooGirl said something during my second tri blow up at MandJS that has kind of stuck with me.  She talked about how the snark and variety of opinions helped to build relationships among the women here.  I thought she was crazy at first, but after being here awhile, I see that she's right.  *Note* She's not the only one who's said that along the way (milesc just did), but that was the first I saw it.

I just look at it like fresh meat. Maybe one of them will post something amazing that I can clap my hands to like a seal.

Or maybe they'll say something really ignorant and be my entertainment factor for the day.

I do agree that more lurkers are coming around. I assume it's so they can bond with us once their babies are here. Who knooows.

• Options
    imageCandaceLeigh:

i didn't bother to lurk when i first found this site. ha! i just started responding to posts. i didn't know how it worked. i just wanted to try it out then these past couple of weeks/days, people have introduced themselves to the group, which kinda made feel weird that i didn't introduce myself but now i think it's too late to do so.
  • Options
    imagemilesc:

Oh well.

Well said. It makes me sad that the October ladies are all kinds of friends and we barely have anyone even post on our BMB. I guess I can include myself in that, but I'm trying! 

• Options
    imageexpectingnugget:
    imagemilesc:

Oh well.

Well said. It makes me sad that the October ladies are all kinds of friends and we barely have anyone even post on our BMB. I guess I can include myself in that, but I'm trying! 

I've introduced myself to the Oct ladies (a loooong time ago) since I have a great chance of being an Oct momma. I straddled boards for a bit, but stuck to Nov since my EDD is Nov... but I agree. I lurk in Oct all the time and am kinda sad I didn't participate more- I like the vibe over there a lot more. 

It seems we only have a handful of 'regulars' and lately- they seem kind of here and there.  

Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
    Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
    <a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"