Trouble TTC

Low AMH!!! Please need support!

Hi There-

I am new to this board. I just found out my AMH is at a .66 with an FSH of 8.7 and antral follicle (was at 17 two months ago) and is now at 9. Should I move on to egg donor? I am 32 years old and just got the news. I am devastated.

Re: Low AMH!!! Please need support!

• Can we get a little more info on you since this is your first post? For instance, your IF diagnosis, treatments, how long you've been trying, etc. 

I can't really help you since I am not in the same situation...but I'm so sorry you got such crappy news and that you're going through this =[  

***************SIGGY WARNING***************
    DX: PCOS and Endometriosis 
    TTC since May 2011
    HSG normal
    Hubs SA- Normal June 2012
    Aug. 2012: 50mg Clomid: No Response
    March 2013: 100mg Clomid: No Response
    July 2013: 5mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    August 2013: 10mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    Natural cycles Sept & Oct.--BFN
    Nov/Dec: 10mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    Jan 2014: 10mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    Feb: Benched due to cysts.
    March: Benched w/cysts.
    April: Femara+Follistim+Ovidrel+Prometrium
    BFP on Mother's Day 2014!! 
    EDD: January 20, 2015
    6week scan: TWINS!!!!!
    16w: Baby A is Stubborn, Baby B is a GIRL!
    20 week scan: TEAM PURPLE!
    The babies were born on December 16, 2014 at 35 weeks! They are home and doing well!

• Hi there. My AMH is at 0.88. My test was done when I didn't respond as well as hoped to injects during IVF cycle (10 follicles to 8follicles to 4 eggs).

How are you taking the news?

I'll tell ya that my situation is a bit different but I haven't thought of egg donors yet...

Me 33. DH 32. TTC Since 6/2011. 12/2012-m/c, CP. DH: MFI. CCT/HSG/day 3 blood work-all nl. IVF#1 ER- 8/7/12, ET- 8/10. beta 8/25 neg, I did not respond as expected. AMH: 0.88. IVF#2 BCP-10/19. Micro flare Lupron-Nov: It's a bust. IVF#3 Planned for Feb '13 with a long lupron protocol ON OUR OWN!!! BFP- 1/12/13. Yay! EDD 9/18, now EDD 9/25
  • Loading the player...
  • If you have not done an IUI or IVF cycle cycle yet to see how many follies/eggs you might produce I wouldn't jump ship to DE so quickly.  But with your age and numbers don't spend more than a few cycles if there is poor responces on various drugs.  And I might request to jump straight to injects after just one cycle of oral FSH drugs if you do try IUI.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Hello.  Sorry to hear about your AMH.  I got mine drawn in January and mine was .56.    It was sooo incredibly hard to take this news and I really struggled with it.  I did respond well to clomid.  I didn't have as many follicles with the injections.  Although I did get a positive pregnancy test this cycle on Bravelle 150mg a day with a trigger and IUI. I  had one good follicle this cycle. It only takes one!  I have only had one beta soo I am not completely out of the woods but just wanted to give you hope.  I have done alot of reading on AMH and have seen alot of success stories with our levels.  It might just take longer than the average person and more aggressive interventions but I would not give up all hope on your eggs! 

I also started taking DHEA 50 mg a day, Coq10, Royal Jelly, and Bee Pollen.  It won't make your egg supply more but it has known to help make the eggs you have left stronger!  Good Luck

BabyFetus Ticker

TTC SINCE 7/2010, BFP-10/2010 ended in miscarriage 11/2010 : (.....
    Progesterone level 4/2011= 11.29. SA normal. HSG normal.
    8/11 Clomid 50mg=BFN progesterone level 35,
    10/11 Clomid 50mg =BFN progesterone level 31,
    11/11 Clomid 50mg=BFN progesterone level 12,
    12/11 Clomid 50mg=Progesterone 31
    01/12-Break from meds-BFN
    Feb-cd3 blood work FSH(5), AMH(0.56) 02/12 Break....
    03/01/12-Clomid 50mg with IUI #1=BFN.
    04/01/12-Another round of clomid with IUI#2=BFN.
    5/8/12-Diagnostic Laparoscopy-found minimal endometriosis and small fibriod.
    June and July-much needed break
    August-Bravelle 75 with IUI#3- BFN
    September-Bravelle injects with IUI #4-BFP!! MC 10/7/12 : ( Sonohysterogram-Normal
    December- Bravelle(3 good follicles & E2 1252) with IUI#5 BFFN :*(
    July IVF #1- BFP! : )  Beta #1-245, #2- 703, #3- 1655, #4- 3553 YAY!  Praying and Praying this one sticks around!
                      1st U/S scheduled for Aug 23rd!  
    Twins!!
    We are having a BOY & a GIRL !!

• This is hard news to get but you shouldn't give up hope just yet.  Have you talked through options with your RE for IUI or IVF? 

My AMH is low too (.76) and I am 28.  My RE said we can try a few medicated IUI cycles, but the projected success rates were lower than I had hoped for.  I am still trying to adjust to the thought that I might not have a biological child, but at the same time I haven't given up the hope that a medicated cycle could work. It is tough some days and fine on others but definitely easier to handle as more time goes on. 

Just try to take things one step at a time. See if your RE can plan out an option for you to try a cycle or two before jumping into IVF or using donor eggs.  Who knows, maybe you will respond well to a medicated cycle and that's all the more help you'll need!

TTC #1 9/11-12/12, 9/12 Dx: Hypothyroid + DOR (AMH .76), IUI #1 & #2 BFN's
    1/13 Decided to pursue DIA, 4/13 Home study Approved 9/13 Matched!
    10/13 DS home with us! 2/14 TPR completed  5/14 ADOPTION IS FINAL!
    3/14 Surprise BFP 11/14 DD is here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hello,

I usually just lurk here but wanted to respond to this because I am in a similar situation.  I just found out a couple months ago that I have high FSH (30 and 18) and low AMH (less than .16).  This was devastating news to me as well.  I started seeing an RE who wants to be aggressive and we did our first cycle with clomid (50mg), trigger shot, and IUI.  Well surprise to us it actually worked on the first try (I had one 20mm follicle on the day of my trigger, with a few smaller ones).  Unfortunately, my betas are not doubling and the outlook is not good.

Next cycle we are moving on to injections (Gonal-F) with clomid, trigger shot, and IUI.  We have our fingers crossed that I will be able to produce more follicles with the hope that one will fertilize and stick.  

My doctor did mention donor eggs but he felt that he wanted to try as much as possible before we talk about going that route. He doesn't think that IVF with my own eggs will give us any advantage over the IUI. (We don't have insurance coverage for that anyways) I am praying that this will work...I mean it only takes ONE good egg!  There has to be one in there somewhere =/  

Have you seen an RE yet for their suggestions?  I wouldn't move on to donor eggs so quick, but see if they will work with you with ovulation inducing drugs/IUI.   I have read MANY success stories of people with low AMH so stay strong and don't lose hope yet!!!  Good luck!!

29 yrs. old w/ DOR & LPD: Highest FSH 30, AMH 0.16, low antral follicle count
    IUI#1 w/ Clomid, Trigger, and Crinone: BFP 9/12/12, EDD 5/24/13, mm/c 10/13/12, Testing done = Trisomy 16
    IUI#2-8 (injectables): BFN
    IVF #1- April 2013: Only 1 follicle on max stims- Converted to IUI: BFN
    DE IVF#1: BFP!! EDD 11/20/14
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageNBA0703:

Hello.  Sorry to hear about your AMH.  I got mine drawn in January and mine was .56.    It was sooo incredibly hard to take this news and I really struggled with it.  I did respond well to clomid.  I didn't have as many follicles with the injections.  Although I did get a positive pregnancy test this cycle on Bravelle 150mg a day with a trigger and IUI. I  had one good follicle this cycle. It only takes one!  I have only had one beta soo I am not completely out of the woods but just wanted to give you hope.  I have done alot of reading on AMH and have seen alot of success stories with our levels.  It might just take longer than the average person and more aggressive interventions but I would not give up all hope on your eggs! 

I also started taking DHEA 50 mg a day, Coq10, Royal Jelly, and Bee Pollen.  It won't make your egg supply more but it has known to help make the eggs you have left stronger!  Good Luck

Ditto with the DHEA and CQ10.

Me 33. DH 32. TTC Since 6/2011. 12/2012-m/c, CP. DH: MFI. CCT/HSG/day 3 blood work-all nl. IVF#1 ER- 8/7/12, ET- 8/10. beta 8/25 neg, I did not respond as expected. AMH: 0.88. IVF#2 BCP-10/19. Micro flare Lupron-Nov: It's a bust. IVF#3 Planned for Feb '13 with a long lupron protocol ON OUR OWN!!! BFP- 1/12/13. Yay! EDD 9/18, now EDD 9/25
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"