January 2013 Moms
Options

Braxton Hicks

Who is experiencing them? And how many do you get a day? I talked to my OB and she said as long as I don't have more then 5 in a hour I have no need to worry and just take it easy if I start getting them. I get about 4-5 a day. My poor husband thought I was going into labor the first time I told him I was them. Poor guy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Braxton Hicks

• Options

I get them, not fun! Probably 5 a day. Freaked me out at first but it's not a big deal - as long as you're not getting more than 5 in an hour like your doctor said. Mine don't hurt, there's just intense pressure and my belly gets rock hard.

• Options
    I get them.  I honestly don't know how many I get in a day, but I know they're not frequent enough to worry about them.  The funny thing is I don't at all remember getting them with my last pregnancy.  I know it's normal to experience them though so maybe I got them last time and just didn't notice them or realize what they were?  Or maybe they're new this time.  No idea. 
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just started getting them within the last week and I am not sure exactly how many per day I am experiencing.  Friday night I had 3 that were fairly strong in about 20-30 minutes so I was preparing myself to call the on call OB but I didn't get any more that night.  
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    I have them, though not every day.  Some days I have several throughout the day, some days I have none.  I asked my OB what I could do about them and besides the ones I knew (hydrate, change your activity-meaning if you are up walking, go relax) she also told me to get into a REALLY hot bath.  She told me to run a bath as hot as i could possibly stand it and soak for about 20 minutes.  The hot water will help relax those muscles.  Makes sense and I had never heard of or thought of that.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I get them. So far no more than 6 a day.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I also get them, not every day and when I do get them they are not frequent enough to worry about. I take it as my bodies way of telling me to drink more water or slow down and relax a little bit.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I get them too but like pp said they're not regular so I haven't been worrying about it.  If I'm at home and able to lay down I'll do that and have a big glass of water.  That tends to help.
  • Options

imagemistresscox:
    I have them, though not every day.  Some days I have several throughout the day, some days I have none.  I asked my OB what I could do about them and besides the ones I knew (hydrate, change your activity-meaning if you are up walking, go relax) she also told me to get into a REALLY hot bath.  She told me to run a bath as hot as i could possibly stand it and soak for about 20 minutes.  The hot water will help relax those muscles.  Makes sense and I had never heard of or thought of that.  

I had always heard that hot water will hurt your baby....that's interesting.....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageJbosarge85:

imagemistresscox:

I had always heard that hot water will hurt your baby....that's interesting.....

i don't know about that advice from your doctor....."as hot as you can stand"??? Your baby can't control it's body temp & if you over heat your body it can over heat your baby. I'd be careful. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've never had one.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I recently started getting them, but I've had just a few a day and they're not very strong.

I just try to stop what I'm doing and rest for a little while if possible.

6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • Options
    I get them, and I notice they tend to be more at night or when I am on my feet a lot.  I got them all the time with my last pregnancy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"