Stay at Home Moms

Calling those who are fashionable....

I really want skinny jeans or jeggings but I'm scared I'm too fat to wear them. I'm 5'4" and size 12. What do you think? Fashion only for those who are thin? If I wear them with a longer blouse and boots would that work?
Gabriel 11/04/09 Vincent 9/17/11 Grace 8/02/13

Re: Calling those who are fashionable....

• I would definitely try a skinny jean or a "legging jean" that's made out of actual denim (rather than legging material).  I think it'd look awesome with a tunic/long blouse and boots!  

I found this with a basic google search, and I think the blogger looks great: https://petitelefant.com/skinny-jeans-on-a-curvy-girl/ 

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • I'm the same size as you normally, not right now!. I love targets jeggings. They are super comfy and look cute with ballet flats or boots. I always try to wear something that covers most of my butt :
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I did not believe everyone who told me you don't have to be skinny to wear skinny jeans. But they were so right! You just have to find a pair that fit well (I like the ones I got at Gap) and wear the right shirt- I do the longer/looser blouse-type shirts with my skinnies.
  • I think you definitely can! JC Penney's has a brand of skinny's that I love. They're great for all shapes and sizes. Their by their ANA brand and they come in small, medium, large, and X large. They are sooo comfy. I recommend them to everyone. LOL. 
  • image12bailey18:
    I think you definitely can! JC Penney's has a brand of skinny's that I love. They're great for all shapes and sizes. Their by their ANA brand and they come in small, medium, large, and X large. They are sooo comfy. I recommend them to everyone. LOL. 

Apologies for the typos....LOL. And yes, big blouses/sweaters with ballet flats or boots will look so cute!

• imagekacelle:
    I would definitely try a skinny jean or a "legging jean" that's made out of actual denim rather than legging material. nbsp;I think it'd look awesome with a tunic/long blouse and boots! nbsp;I found this with a basic google search, and I think the blogger looks great: https://petitelefant.com/skinnyjeansonacurvygirl/nbsp;

I think she looks great but she has a long sweater and her jeans tucked into boots. I think she would look totally different in flats. Not saying in a bad way but flats would change the look a lot.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  •  I follow this blog a bit, and Nina, the blogger is around a size 14/16. She rocks the skinny jeans. She has some great ensembles. 

https://www.mommagoround.com/

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • imageMJCF:
    imagekacelle:
    I would definitely try a skinny jean or a "legging jean" that's made out of actual denim rather than legging material. nbsp;I think it'd look awesome with a tunic/long blouse and boots! nbsp;I found this with a basic google search, and I think the blogger looks great: https://petitelefant.com/skinnyjeansonacurvygirl/nbsp;
    I think she looks great but she has a long sweater and her jeans tucked into boots. I think she would look totally different in flats. Not saying in a bad way but flats would change the look a lot.

OP asked how a size 12 would look in skinny jeans with a long shirt and boots.  Yes, flats would change the look, but the picture in the blog is pretty much exactly what she was asking about. 

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • imagekacelle:

imageMJCF:
    imagekacelle:

OP asked how a size 12 would look in skinny jeans with a long shirt and boots.  Yes, flats would change the look, but the picture in the blog is pretty much exactly what she was asking about. 

Yeah the pic was perfect. Thanks everyone for your help. 

Gabriel 11/04/09 Vincent 9/17/11 Grace 8/02/13
  • express jeggings are the best!  I wore them today with knee high boots.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"