April 2013 Moms

Need advice

One of my co workers lost his baby due to a detached placenta at birth two months ago. Needless to say he is still morning. I was trying to wait until after his child's memorial two weeks ago to tell him that I am pregnant but I still feel like its never the right time. I'm starting to get a small bump and this m/s never let's up so I feel like I need to tell him sooner than later because its getting obvious. I don't want him to find out through someone else and am trying to be as sensitive as possible to his feelings. So how do I tell him?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Need advice

• Hmmm well I would do it privately for sure and just tell him slowly. You def want him to hear if from you rather then someone else. So the sooner the better. 

Good luck!  

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just be sensitive and tell him that with all he has been through you were trying to wait but you don't want him to hear from anyone else, that your pregnant. Keep it simple and he may surprise you. Good luck, that is a tough one. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers After years of struggling with infertility issues (PCOS since I was 16) and 15 medicated cycles we finally got blessed with our son. We got lucky with our 7th IUI using stims...Now we are back on the roller coaster to try for another miracle..IVF cycle in May resulted in a chemical pregnancy. 2 snowbabies FET 7/16-transferred 2 blastocyst...Faint bfp 4dp5dt! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Would it be wrong to let him come to you after it's noticeable? It's nobody's business to tell him YOU'RE pregnant. I am horrible with these kinds of situations.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejkoulton:
    Would it be wrong to let him come to you after it's noticeable? It's nobody's business to tell him YOU'RE pregnant. I am horrible with these kinds of situations.

Yea I'm horrible too and I also don't deal with loss well. I was going to email him to give him time to absorb it but that doesn't feel right.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I was going to say maybe you could send him a note (but I'm not sure I would choose an e-mail, probably handwritten) letting him know so that he can process it alone and come to you when he's ready.  Then he doesn't need to be trying to congratulate you right away while he's dealing with his own feelings of loss and hearing the news for the first time?

That's a tough position, just whatever you decide, know he might not handle it great right away and it doesn't mean he isn't happy for you or anything, just that he needs to process.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"