TTC After a Loss

Would this annoy you too? (long and baby mentioned)

Canadian Thanksgiving is next weekend. Last year we hosted it at our place for DH's family and it was fun. We thought that maybe we could do it again and have brought it up a few times over the past few months. Each time, we were brushed off. So eventually we said oh well, we'll go to my parents for Thanksgiving (they live 7 hours away). Perfect. Problem solved.

Two days ago I get an email from SIL asking if we were free to do Thanksgiving with their family on the 13th, the week after Thanksgiving since it worked better for everyone else. She also said that they would have it at their place since they just had a baby 2 weeks ago and it was too much work to have to pack up diapers, blankets, bibs, etc etc. And yes, she said all that. Thanks for rubbing it in SIL that you have 2u2. It annoyed me but oh well, we said yes. 

Fast forward to this morning, DH is checking FB and sees that SIL and BIL took their 1 yo and 2 week old baby to a big zoo, 2 hours away, for the whole day yesterday. He says, "they can't pack up stuff to come here for Thanksgiving but they can pack stuff for a day at the zoo?". Good point DH. Now I'm really really annoyed at them. Would this bug you too?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Started TTC June 2010
BFP #1
07/04/10. EDD 03/14/11. Missed m/c 08/09/10. D&C 09/27/10. }Casey & Jaimie{
BFP #2 01/14/11. EDD 09/25/11. Missed m/c 02/18/11. D&C 02/24/11. }Dustin{
TTA for 18 months and then TTC for 12 months
BFP #3 08/18/13. EDD 04/30/14. Missed m/c 09/25/13. D&C 09/26/13. }Daylin{
TTA for 7 months
Jan-Mar 2014 - RPL, SHG, karotyping: all results normal
TTC Again May 2014
Progesterone & baby aspirin combo for 5 cycles
- All BFN's
SA with DNA fragmentation = Perfect results

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
Jan 2015 - Medicated cycle with timed intercourse
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

My Blog: The Canadian Housewife    PGAL/PAL Welcome    My Chart
imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Would this annoy you too? (long and baby mentioned)

• Holy hell, yes!  How far away are they from you?  If you're closer to them than the zoo was, than it's obvious that they're using their children as an excuse to get out of things they don't feel like doing.  I'm sure it is a pain in the ass to cart your kids places.  Suck it up.  If you can cart your 2u2 around the freaking zoo all day, you can bring them to Thanksgiving.

Also, maybe this is just me because I've never raised any babies, but who brings a newborn baby to a dirty-ass zoo?  

I would be pissed too, Jenn.  And I probably wouldn't bite my tongue either, but I usually don't...

Sorry she was so insensitive in her reply as well by rubbing in all her baby stuff. 

PAIF/SAIF, PGAL/PAL welcome.
    TTC since March 2010 ~ Dx Unexplained IF September 2011
    2011: IUI + Clomid = CP#1
    2012: 3 more IUIs + Clomid = 3 more CPs. One on-our-own pg, also CP
    2013: BTB IUI + Lupron/Follistim/Prometrium/PIO = CP #6
    IF testing, RPL testing, Autoimmune testing = all normal
    So lost.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • imageRedPhoenix625:

Holy hell, yes!  How far away are they from you?  If you're closer to them than the zoo was, than it's obvious that they're using their children as an excuse to get out of things they don't feel like doing.  I'm sure it is a pain in the ass to cart your kids places.  Suck it up.  If you can cart your 2u2 around the freaking zoo all day, you can bring them to Thanksgiving.

Also, maybe this is just me because I've never raised any babies, but who brings a newborn baby to a dirty-ass zoo?  

I would be pissed too, Jenn.  And I probably wouldn't bite my tongue either, but I usually don't...

Sorry she was so insensitive in her reply as well by rubbing in all her baby stuff. 

Thank you for helping justify my feelings. Smile

We are about 40 minutes away while the zoo is probably 2+ hours. It just really really irks me. She stated that their house is more centrally located and convenient for all the family to come to.  Confused

I wish I were brave enough to say something but I feel like I'm already the bad guy and no matter what I do or say will be twisted to work against me. So I will just stay silent.

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
    TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

• Loading the player...
  • Absolutely that would annoy me.  I realize that plans may need to be modified when there's babies involved, but often times I see/catch people using them as excuses so they don't have to be honest about what they really want to do.  Something similar JUST happened to us.

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• imagebuckeyebaby814:

Absolutely that would annoy me.  I realize that plans may need to be modified when there's babies involved, but often times I see/catch people using them as excuses so they don't have to be honest about what they really want to do.  Something similar JUST happened to us.

Exactly. I was being all nice and understanding until the zoo incident. Now I have no sympathy whatsoever. And I'm sorry that you're going through a similar thing right now. It sucks.

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

• I think you have every right to be annoyed! I would have probably ended up commenting something on facebook about being glad they were all able to get out of the house! When people use their baby complaining excuses I just have to roll my eyes. Yes at times we tweak things, but I agree that other times it's used to get what they want. 
    August 2015 January Siggy: Favorite Mean Girl

*BFP #1 9/10/11 Natural m/c 11/1/11 at 11 weeks, 5 days*
    *Diagnosed as unexplained infertility*
    *BFP #2 12/6/14 after IUI#2 Hopeful! EDD 8/14/15*

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagecar seat:

I haaaaaaaate your SIL.  Holy hell.

But has she hosted Thanksgiving before?  I'm ell oh elling that she thinks it's easier to host with two kids to look after.  I say go, sit back with a glass of wine, and watch her deal with everything.

Big Smile I love your support. She has hosted for her DH's family but not our side. We're not a huge group but still, I thought like you too. I would prefer to pack some baby stuff and just show up than have to clean and cook and take care of my two kids. But I bet you MIL will show up early and do everything for her. Confused

And unfortunately, that side of the the family doesn't drink. So no wine for me.

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

• imagemay2012baby:
    I think you have every right to be annoyed! I would have probably ended up commenting something on facebook about being glad they were all able to get out of the house! When people use their baby complaining excuses I just have to roll my eyes. Yes at times we tweak things, but I agree that other times it's used to get what they want. 

I'm super tempted to comment on the zoo pictures saying she must have had to pack an awful lots of diapers, blankets, sippy cups etc etc. But I won't. Because it would cause an uproar and hurt DH. And since I love him a lot, I'll play nice.

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

• imagecar seat:

Oh my God.  Thanksgiving with your SIL and no wine??  Nope.  That sounds awful.  You're a better woman than I am.

We're still considering skipping Thanksgiving with DH's family.  His sister is pregnant again and the BIGGEST pregnancy whiner in the world.  My beta is next weekend, so we're not sure how thrilled we'll be to listen to her crap.  I've already warned him that if we go and she opens her mouth to complain even once, I will absolutely say something to her about holding her whining for when I'm out of earshot, and maybe taking a minute to think about the meaning of the holiday before she decides to startb'itching again.

I second you saying something to your complainer of a SIL! Or skip it all together. I support either decision. Smile 

I'm still keeping everything crossed that you get a wonderful surprise next weekend with that beta.

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

• imagejenn0021:
    imagebuckeyebaby814:

Absolutely that would annoy me.  I realize that plans may need to be modified when there's babies involved, but often times I see/catch people using them as excuses so they don't have to be honest about what they really want to do.  Something similar JUST happened to us.

Exactly. I was being all nice and understanding until the zoo incident. Now I have no sympathy whatsoever. And I'm sorry that you're going through a similar thing right now. It sucks.

Also, since I have no baby, I am always asked to help clean up EVERY time since I'm 'just sitting there', never mind the fact that I am visiting.  I do this while the moms sit with their babies and the dads sit and watch the moms hold their babies. 

• imagejenn0021:

imagemay2012baby:
    I think you have every right to be annoyed! I would have probably ended up commenting something on facebook about being glad they were all able to get out of the house! When people use their baby complaining excuses I just have to roll my eyes. Yes at times we tweak things, but I agree that other times it's used to get what they want. 

I'm super tempted to comment on the zoo pictures saying she must have had to pack an awful lots of diapers, blankets, sippy cups etc etc. But I won't. Because it would cause an uproar and hurt DH. And since I love him a lot, I'll play nice.

LOL, do it! 

• Yup. Freaking annoying and inconsiderate.  It would be different if she had said, "I would love to cook dinner and think it should be rotated through the family."  But she didn't.  Stupid b!tch.

I'm irritated for you.

• imagejenn0021:
    imagecar seat:

But has she hosted Thanksgiving before?  I'm ell oh elling that she thinks it's easier to host with two kids to look after.  I say go, sit back with a glass of wine, and watch her deal with everything.

Big Smile I love your support. She has hosted for her DH's family but not our side. We're not a huge group but still, I thought like you too. I would prefer to pack some baby stuff and just show up than have to clean and cook and take care of my two kids. But I bet you MIL will show up early and do everything for her. Confused

And unfortunately, that side of the the family doesn't drink. So no wine for me.

Poop on that!  Who says you can't have something shiny, bedazzled, and flask like in your car?

• Who the fluck goes 2 hours to anywhere with a 2 week old baby?  What was she thinking "Well, I've just stop bleeding (if she even has stopped), let me walk a ton around a zoo to see if I can make start again"?

But, if she wants to use the baby as an excuse, let her host and watch the choas.  I'd bring my own wine. Wink  She'll learn really quick that carting the kids around is 100% easier. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage
    BFP #1 - 01/12/12, EDD 09/12/12, Medical Induction @ 21 weeks 05/03/12
    BFP #2 - 10/30/12, EDD 07/04/13, Natural m/c @ 5 weeks 11/01/12
    BFP #3 - 02/07/13, EDD 10/12/13
    Dx: Incompotent Cervix

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• imagejenn0021:
    imagecar seat:

Sounds like you need a fun flask!   My sister pulls the same crap all the time, and my mother is always very quick to back her up.  If I hear it will just be easier one more time, I may scream.  I better end of pregnant soon, or I will be bombed the entire holiday season.

I seriously hate this for you.  I would have a very hard time holding my tongue about their little zoo excursion, but I understand that sometimes you just need to keep the peace.

TTC started Oct '10
    Me: AMA w/RSD, atypical PCOS w/IR, LPD and High Prolactin. Controlled HP post-loss.
    DH: Low-T and borderline morph
    18 cycles, 3 medicated w/RE to get to a BFP!
    EDD 9/7/12, Saw HB @7w3d,missed m/c 1/30 @8w3d, d&c 2/8
    11 AL cycles, 9 medicated/IUI cycles. All BFFN!
    Moving forward with IVF
    BFP#2 our little cycle break surprise on AL cycle 12! EDD 10/27/13
    Beta #1: 41 Beta #2: 398; perfect u/s 3/11 hb @133bpm
    u/s 3/25 one perfect hb @183 bpm, adjusted EDD 10/23/13
    MaterniT21 and carrier screens normal. It's a girl!!!
    Severe Pre-E, HFpEF, PE, AMA & IF= OAD

imageimageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    All IF/AL Welcome!
  • Oh yeahhhhhh that would bother me majorly! Maybe you or DH should being up the exact point. It's ridiculous that they can't pack stuff up for a family dinner but they can for a filthy zoo! ((((huge hugs))))
    (USE TO BE, WISH2BEMOMMY). 1st BFP ever Aug. 16, 2010.... 1st OB appt. Sept. 8, 2010, u/s showed poss. blighted ovum.... b/w 9/8/10 22,698 b/w 9/10/10 14,521.... mmc confirmed, started naturally m/c 9/15/10, d & c 9/16/10 I love you my precious monkey!! 2nd BFP March 2011.... c/p, miss you lil one!! 3rd BFP Nov. 20, 2011, subcornial hemorrhage detected 11/24/11 heartbeat found.... LO's heartbeat lost 11/25/11.... d & c 11/26/11..... I love and miss you so much baby!!!! C/P 4/26/12.... gone before I knew you.... off BCP 10-1-13.. BFP 11-20-13.. SCH for 7 weeks.. 3-4-14: It's a Girl!.. 4-22-12 emergency cerclage placed..7-7-14 cerclage removed at 36w.. delivered Lillian Marie 7-28-14..
     "An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. Then whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth"

Our TTCAL Blog--Newbies and Lurkers Please Read!

♥♡♥ PAL/PGAL welcome♥♡♥
  • Yes, I'd be annoyed I'm annoyed FOR you. I agree with everyone. Hosting a Thanksgiving meal is the hard part....not packing some diapers and some wipes, which she knows because she packed them for the ZOO! Grrrrrrr....
  • I'd be annoyed! My brother and SIL have 3 kids (5,4,and 3) and ever since they were itty bitty they've made excuses about why they can't do this or that with family, stating its "so hard with little ones". All I hear is blah, blah, blah. They are my nephew and nieces, I want to see them. They live 5 minutes away and I barely know them. We all get together every Saturday night for dinner, they are outnumbered 3 adults for every one child. Wouldn't that make for the perfect excuse to enjoy yourself and let us spend some time with the kids?! But instead they have an excuse about something.

But then my DH's sister is a single mom, dad is only in the picture about one week a YEAR, she's got a 5 and 7 year old, the 5 year old is type 1 diabetic and there is always a ton to pack and plan but yet they are always up for anything! So to me, the excuses don't work. I've seen it work with a single mom with a special needs child, so to me there is no excuse! 

I get that a newborn is different than older kids but it still sounds like its just coming down to only  doing what THEY want and not worrying about everyone else! I don't get it. Sorry they are being insensitive jerks!

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• That would bug the crap out of me! And who brings a 2 week old to a zoo?
    Suprise BFP: 8/17/11 (previous relationship)
    Natural m/c: 10/17/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Me (Katie)
    DX:PCOS
    DH (Adam
    Married 10/11/12
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since 3/12
  • I'd be going to my parents to avoid the whole issue. But that's just me... I'm an avoider. Smile
    Me-"JB"(26) DH(29)
    Married since 2008 with 1 precious furbaby.

Mis-dx with PCOS & Hypothyroidism. New Dx= Hypoandrenia & hormone imbalance
    BFP #1 on 3rd round of Clomid (50mg).
  • imagencchnat:
    It would bug me, but then, I think anything she did would bug me for the simple fact that she had 2u2. However, it does sound like she's just being a brat.

Don't worry, I'm annoyed with everything she does too and it's mostly because she has 2u2. And partly because she just isn't my favourite person around. Stick out tongue

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

• WOW!  I would be totally tempted to say something.  That is so wrong!  I think  your idea about commenting on the pics is GREAT!
    BFP #4 11/21/12 - EDD 8/2/12 BFP#3 Missed m/c 9 wk 3 days. D & c 4/27/12. :( BFP #2 8/10/09 - DD Born April 2010 BFP #1 Suspected Ectopic 4/09 - Methotrexate
  • imagejenek0213:

imageMrsErinH:
    O.M.G...I cannot believe she did that. I would definitely bring it up when you see her. And make sure not to lift a finger at her house! I also vote for bringing a flask!

MrsErinH - you are truly BRILLIANT

Better yet, just fill my not see through water bottle. Stick out tongue That way no one will ask what my flask is doing there.

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

• Totally annoying. UGH! I get frustrated with my sister, who dumps off my nephew and niece whenever possible and only "comes to visit" or invites us for a "visit" when she needs some free babysitting. My SIL isn't so bad, but she also turns EVERYTHING into being about the kids. DH and I were excited to announce our pregnancy to the family (pre-miscarriage, obviously) and she wouldn't let us, because the kids were there, and she didn't "want to have to explain it."

I vote for going, and sitting on your ass, and totally making up some equally ridiculous excuse for not helping. And I TOTALLY support the idea of covert alcohol. Indeed! (Margarita + Coffee Mug = Mugarita!) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#1 since May 2012 
    BFP#1 6/2/12 EDD 2/17/13 Natural M/C 6/19/12
    BFP#2 10/30/12 EDD 7/12/13 CP 11/2/12 
    BFP#3 11/29/12 EDD 8/10/13 CP 12/2/12 
    BFP#4 12/26/12 EDD 9/7/13 
    1/18/13 HB 140! GROW BABY GROW!

Welcome to the world Little Girl! Born on her due date! September 8, 2013, 7lb 11.8oz, 19.5" long. 

image image

image image

**PgAL/PAL welcome**
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"