September 2012 Moms
Options

Stretch marks turned to itchy welts

So I developed a ton of stretch marks radiating out from my belly button in the last few weeks of my pregnancy. They were kinda itchy but I figured it was just because that's also where my pants were hitting me and my skin was getting irritated. Since I delivered my son almost two weeks ago, however, the marks have become these raised red welts and I am itching out of my skin. I gather from Googling and looking at older posts on different boards that this isn't totally uncommon, but all of the suggestions (different lotions, Cortizone, etc.) are not cutting it for me and my OB didn't offer any alternative solutions. Is anyone else in this same boat and, if so, what worked for you? How long can I expect this to last? At this point, I can barely get any sleep because of the itching, and wearing pants is next to impossible (which is clearly a problem when I want to leave the house :). Any suggestions??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stretch marks turned to itchy welts

• Options
    Are they in an area that gets sweaty? Is there a yeasty odor? If so, you might ask for a prescription for Nystatin, which works amazingly on yeasty rashes. Otherwise I'm not sure what to try that you haven't already. GL!
  • Options
    Mine are like this and it's annoying bc to me they look 100x worse pp than when pg. I use the EMAB bottom balm when they get really bad or a baggy of ice.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They're all over the front of my stomach and radiating a little bit around my sides. I'm trying to wear loose fitting clothing to keep the rubbing to a minimum, but it doesn't give much relief.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageVenezia2007:
    So I developed a ton of stretch marks radiating out from my belly button in the last few weeks of my pregnancy. They were kinda itchy but I figured it was just because that's also where my pants were hitting me and my skin was getting irritated. Since I delivered my son almost two weeks ago, however, the marks have become these raised red welts and I am itching out of my skin. I gather from Googling and looking at older posts on different boards that this isn't totally uncommon, but all of the suggestions (different lotions, Cortizone, etc.) are not cutting it for me and my OB didn't offer any alternative solutions. Is anyone else in this same boat and, if so, what worked for you? How long can I expect this to last? At this point, I can barely get any sleep because of the itching, and wearing pants is next to impossible (which is clearly a problem when I want to leave the house :). Any suggestions??

You probably have PUPPPs, which is a reaction to pregnancy. It happens during pregnancy but can also hang on for a while, everyone who gets it is different. I had mine the last 2 weeks of mine and it was unbearable, it only started to get better after I gave birth but hung on for a couple weeks till it healed. Talk to your doctor about steroid creams, which are safe for you now that you've given birth. There are also herbal remidies like dandelion root that have helped for some. I hope it gets better soon, I know how horrible it can be!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"