Going Back To Work — The Bump
Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Going Back To Work

I work full time at Walgreens but have been out on maternity leave and was supposed to return October 11. I recently got hired for a 3 month temporary position(with potential to become permanent) at Nordstrom Rack. The job comes with a 2 dollar pay raise and a lot of potential for promotions and I am very excited and hoping I can work my butt off to keep it. But I am scheduled to start October 2nd. While I am in no way regretting my decision, it just makes me sad to have to leave DS earlier than expected. He will be with my mom while I work so I know he will be in good hands, I just know I'm going to be sad when I have to leave him for the first extended period of time.I've been with him almost 24 hours a day since he was born and it will feel weird to be away from him. I'm sure he will get A LOT of cuddling when my shift ends lol. I'm sure I'll get over it, just had to vent.
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Going Back To Work

• yeah for a better job, boo for having to leave LO. I am going back in three weeks and I am so terribly sad already!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • I cried like a baby the first time i had to leave my lo. Hope it goes well for you!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • image lovebug33:
    yeah for a better job, boo for having to leave LO. I am going back in three weeks and I am so terribly sad already!

It's such a sad thought! Hopefully it's not as bad as I think it will be. Hope it goes well for you when you go back!

• image lesleyben:
    I cried like a baby the first time i had to leave my lo. Hope it goes well for you!!!

Thank you!! I will probably end up crying too. Hopefully it got better!

• I'm going back to work tomorrow for a 9 hour shift...It's really going to kill me!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 16225_591499563778_1878407173_n
  • I'm not going to lie, it is hard.... very hard!!!  I cried so many times in the days leading up to going back to work and the night before I cried myself to sleep.  The day of I cried pretty much every 10 minutes!!  The next two days were better, but then Saturday hit and I had to go in for an operational day.... I work at a children's theme park and we are only open on the weekends this time of year, so walking in the gate and seeing all the families that got to be together hit me like a ton of bricks all over again!!

3 weeks later, it is a lot easier....although it still sucks :)  You make it work and you do what you have to.  It totally makes for greater moments together though when you get home!  Good Luck, sweetie <3

October Signature Challenge - It's all a bunch of Hocus Pocus:

TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
       3 DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Mirena out 9/13 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    Onto IUI #2...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• image svdrummajor07:

I'm going back to work tomorrow for a 9 hour shift...It's really going to kill me!

Ugh, it's an awful feeling for sure. GL!

• image klasala318:

I'm not going to lie, it is hard.... very hard!!!  I cried so many times in the days leading up to going back to work and the night before I cried myself to sleep.  The day of I cried pretty much every 10 minutes!!  The next two days were better, but then Saturday hit and I had to go in for an operational day.... I work at a children's theme park and we are only open on the weekends this time of year, so walking in the gate and seeing all the families that got to be together hit me like a ton of bricks all over again!!

3 weeks later, it is a lot easier....although it still sucks :)  You make it work and you do what you have to.  It totally makes for greater moments together though when you get home!  Good Luck, sweetie <3

That's definitely going to be me! I cry a lot. Glad it got better for you. Thanks for making me feel a bit more optimistic about it, even if it will take a while to adjust.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards