Cloth Diapering

Opinions on flips

I'm thinking of adding a few flip covers and inserts into our stash. We have a lot of success with our BG 4.0s....any opinions on the flips? Thanks in advance! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Opinions on flips

• I am not a fan of flips, they were rough against baby's skin. I wanted to like the system but preferred pockets.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I liked Flips until dd got mobile. Between the inserts bunching up when she started to crawl and her trying to escape during diaper changes, anything that wasn't one piece was impossible. I really liked them until then, though! I enjoyed reusing covers, it made my diaper bag slimmer. They fit very similar to the 4.0's. 
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I use them for nighttime, I find them easier to adjust absorbancy and they leak less than my BG 4.0's at night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • I don't like them as much as I'd hoped. DS is still EBF, so his poop is runny, and if he's in a Flip, the poop gets on the cover, necessitating a change. I'm finding that the cover is stretching or something, because the insert doesn't fit as well in it as it did when new. And even though the Flips are often the last diapers I reach for, the covers, especially at the legs, are really looking worn. DS has only been in cloth for seven weeks! I much prefer the fit of the Grovia shell or my Thirsties covers.
  • I like to use flips over a snappied prefold. Its one of the trimmer options we have right now. I also have a few stay dry liners that I like, but they get bulky folded over to fit the small snapped down size. I like that I have the flexibility to put in a disposable liner for traveling, but we haven't actually done that yet. 

Sometimes the stay dry liner will catch all of the ebf poo, and sometimes it gets on the cover, but I don't mind since DS generally only poops once or twice a day at this point.  No matter how I fold and snappie the prefold, poo leaks out of that too. But nothing has ever leaked out of the cover.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love my flips paired with the Organic Insert! The organic one is like a prefold...you tri fold it and lay it in the shell.
    I hardly ever get poo on the shells with these inserts, and they are also great for ovenight. I can't say the same for the stay dry though, the stay dry are good for pee but ebf poo gets all over the covers.
  • I like the Flip covers, but use Green Mtn. Diapers birds eye flats folded up in them. I don't like microfiber and I can't justify the cost of the organic Flip inserts. I also prefer snaps for when babies are older and more mobile... aplix/velcro is really only good for small babies who can't unvelcro themselves!
  • I really like them, but tend to only use them when we're on the go because they're less bulky in the diaper bag.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageHaley.Beth:
    I liked Flips until dd got mobile. Between the inserts bunching up when she started to crawl and her trying to escape during diaper changes, anything that wasn't one piece was impossible. I really liked them until then, though! I enjoyed reusing covers, it made my diaper bag slimmer. They fit very similar to the 4.0's. 

That was my experience. I prefer GroVia's AI2s because the inserts snap in and stay put. I still use my Flips, but they're some of the last diapers I reach for. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"