TTC After a Loss
Options

Intro

Feel a bit awkward writing this, but guess I should write an intro since I've been lurking and adding some responses to threads for a few days.  

After a few thrillingly exciting weeks following a BFP in early August, I went into the midwife at 7 weeks due to bleeding, and the u/s showed our baby measured only 5 1/2 weeks. At that point, there was some hope that my dates were wrong...but they would have had to be really, really wrong for things to work out well.  Well, unfortunately I wasn't wrong, and over the next week, I m/c'd, which was confirmed on Sept. 7th.

The midwife okayed ttc as soon as a home pregnancy test showed negative for hormones, so I feel lucky in that respect, and I'm trying to concentrate on a positive future.  But after a month with no sign of ovulation, I'm feeling a bit discouraged. Although I've charted in a half-hearted way since coming off bcp last February, I didn't start doing temperatures regularly till July, so I really don't know exactly when I usually O'd before the m/c.  I know it sometimes takes up to 6 weeks after...but I'm having trouble not obsessing and worrying about it anyway.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BFP 08/05/12. EDD 4/15/12 m/c 08/27/12
PGAL/PAL Welcome

Re: Intro

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I am new to all of this TTC stuff so I have no advice for you, but I wish you the best.

• Options

It is normal for our bodies to be crazy after the trauma of a miscarriage.  I'm sorry that you find yourself here.

If you are worried that something isn't right, don't be afraid to call your midwife and ask.  Also, the TTCAL blog is an excellent source of information about your body after a loss.

Welcome and hugs!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Glad you found this community and I hope your time here is short.
    Me-"JB"(26) DH(29)
    Married since 2008 with 1 precious furbaby.

Mis-dx with PCOS & Hypothyroidism. New Dx= Hypoandrenia & hormone imbalance
    BFP #1 on 3rd round of Clomid (50mg).
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome everyone.  It's good to have company in obsession. :-)  Though I hope that for all of us, there is an end to it with a BFP someday soon in the future. 
    BFP 08/05/12. EDD 4/15/12 m/c 08/27/12
    PGAL/PAL Welcome
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.  It took me about 5 weeks for AF to arrive.  I remember that period of time seeming like an eternity too.  I hope you will find the same comfort and support here that I have found. Welcome to the board.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. It took 5 weeks for my af to come back post loss so I would try not to worry too much, but if you have any doubt I would talk to your dr at least for peace of mind. TTCAL takes a lot of patience, I know it's hard but we don't have any other choice.  I'm completely obsessed with ttc and charting has really helped me have a focus point in all of it. It really puts you in tune with your body. Knowing what's going on makes the biggest difference. Good luck to you and I hope the board can give you the support and comfort that you need. 

TTC since August 2011
    BFP#1 3/16/12 EDD 11/21/12 Delivered 6/1/12 at 15 weeks 2 days
    "If there ever comes a day when we can't be together... Keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever." ~ Winnie the Pooh

BFP#2 4/14/13 EDD 12/24/13 Please be our rainbow after the storm!
    Beta#1 @ 15dpo 274, P4 16.9 Beta#2 @ 18dpo 940!! Doubling time of 40 hours!! u/s @ 6w2d showed a beautiful HB of 120! u/s @ 10w1d HB 174!! Grow, LO Grow!! Found out 7/22 we are TEAM BLUE!!
    Zaiden Harper was born 12/22/13 at 1:46 am. 9lbs 8oz and 22in
    ~*~AL Always Welcome~*~
    imageimage
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I started charting after my m/c, too, so I don't know how everything compares with before. However, everything started to settle down into a better pattern after awhile, so hopefully that happens for you, too! 

TTC since July 2011

BFP # 1: m/c at 7wks (EDD May 2012) 

BFP #2: c/p in Nov. 2012 

BFP #3: July 24th, 2013 (EDD April 4th, 2014)

*PgAL / PAL Always Welcome*

My Ovulation Chart

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Welcome to the board. I hope you can find comfort here, as so many of us have.
    Suprise BFP: 8/17/11 (previous relationship)
    Natural m/c: 10/17/11
    Me (Katie)
    DX:PCOS
    DH (Adam
    Married 10/11/12
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since 3/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"