Toddlers: 24 Months+

Loads of laundry per week??

So, excluding if you do cloth diaper washes... how many loads a week do you do and how many people in your household?

My average would be about four loads a week and there are four or us (for now!)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Loads of laundry per week??

• I do at least one load a day. Sometimes a second for things like towels or bedding.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• We are a family of 4 and we do about 4-5 loads per week.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 5-8 per week, and it's the 3 of us.
  • 2-5 loads a week, there are 4 of us until Jan. We do more with bathroom accidents and sweaty gym clothes, so it totally depends on the week. Also, I only wash sheets, blankets, etc once every few weeks unless there's an accident.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 5-7 loads a week and there are 3 of us.  Drives me insane and I wish I could cut back.
  • Totally not consistent.  I'd say, excluding cloth diapers, four a week sounds like about what we do.  Though, it's usually four on one day on the weekend. :P
    IMG_8355
  • There are 3 of us.  I do a load everyday plus an extra load or two on the weekend of blankets, sheets, towels, etc.  I am amazed at how some do half of that.

• 10 to 15, depending if I'm doing blankets too.
  • I would say we average 1 load/week for me and the girls. That includes towels and sheets.

I generally do laundry every 2 weeks and have a load of warm and a load of cold. Sometimes those aren't even full loads, so I feel like I should be waiting longer.

Oh, and I probably do a load of hand washables every 2-3 weeks.

DH does his own laundry.

ETA: How in the world do you have enough laundry for one load a day? Do you all have tiny washing machines? We have a front loader that fits a ton of clothes.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • One load per day. Thats 2 days of kids clothes, 1 of our whites, 2 of our colors, one of towels, one of bedding, on average. DS has several accidents per day though. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • There are 3 of us and I would say 7 per week. I wash sheets weekly from both beds. Plus DD changes her PJs daily per my preference. We also have a sheet at daycare plus blankie. Plus towels... Its easy to do.

I also wash all my work clothes and never re wear since I am in a hospital.

And we have a large front loader...

BFP #1 4/6/09; EDD 12/6/09; miscarriage 4/10/09..............BFP #2 5/3/09; DD born 1/9/10........BFP #3 12/15/12, EDD 8/31/13; baby stopped growing at 5w3d; natural miscarriage..........BFP #4 2/8/13, EDD 10/20/13; missed miscarriage discovered 9w2d; d/c.......BFP #5 10/22/13, EDD 7/8/13; miscarriage 10/28/13..... BFP #6 11/19/13; DS born 7/29/14 {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Family of 4 and I wash 6-8 loads/ week (6 is min. & 8  to be  caught up). We don't have a new, extra large washer either. Between all of us, we usually are going through 2 outfits a day (Boys and potty training, need I say more). 
  • We are a family of 3 and we do 6-8 loads a week.  You just reminded me, there's one in the dryer right now!  Oh to be able to sit down for longer than 10 minutes without thinking about some chores...  Stick out tongue
    January siggy challenge: winter weather fails

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"