Trying to Get Pregnant

OPK question

So I thought (for sure) that I O'd yesterday b/c I had a pretty nice temp dip and this morning I had a really nice rise. I decided to use an OPK with fmu today just because I wanted to poas and because I wanted to see if it was negative. Well it was positive, even darker then yesterdays positive (way darker then the control line). Now I am wondering if I really did O yesterday. 

Can you get a positive OPK the day after O? 

I know that, until I get a few days worth of higher temps, I won't know for sure that I O'd, but I wanted to ask if you girls have ever gotten a positive opk the morning after O. I woke up cold this morning so the rise wasn't due to a change in the room temp. 

I know all this worry is b/c I really want to have a shot this cycle and with each passing day without O my chances are quickly going away. If I did O yesterday the timing would be right, but if I don't O for a few more days then I am pretty much out. 

I know I just have to wait and see, but patience is not coming easy for me today. 
photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
          Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
Lilypie - (bLG7)

Re: OPK question

• why dont you just keep BDing until you get CH?
    imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
          BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                                           Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sorry...b/c DH is back in Afghanistan :( That is why I am obsessing about this cycle. He was only home for 2 weeks. He wont be home again till the new year. I hate always bringing up he is deployed b/c I am afraid ppl will get annoyed with it, but I forget not everyone reads my posts. 
    photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not sure, but I'd be humping my little heart out if I were you.
  • I don't really have an answer, but like the other girls said, I would definitely just keep BDing as much as you possibly can before he has to leave.

Good luck! <3 

• imageAngel5218:
    Sorry...b/c DH is back in Afghanistan :( That is why I am obsessing about this cycle. He was only home for 2 weeks. He wont be home again till the new year. I hate always bringing up he is deployed b/c I am afraid ppl will get annoyed with it, but I forget not everyone reads my posts. 

I don't mind that you bring it up. I appreciate your family's sacrifice for all of us.

• He left a few days ago. We bd'ed up till the morning he left. I just was hoping someone would say "oh yeah that can be normal" b/c I just want to have hope we have a shot. He left on cd12. I would just feel better if O happened on cd13 and not on cd16 u know. Again I know I am grasping...I wasn't able to really find any info on it and was hoping someone here had experience or had heard of that happening. 

I mean I knew the answer...just have to wait and see. I just hate the waiting game and am thrown off by this opk and had to ask. 
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • imageAngel5218:
    He left a few days ago. We bd'ed up till the morning he left. I just was hoping someone would say "oh yeah that can be normal" b/c I just want to have hope we have a shot. He left on cd12. I would just feel better if O happened on cd13 and not on cd16 u know. Again I know I am grasping...I wasn't able to really find any info on it and was hoping someone here had experience or had heard of that happening. 

I mean I knew the answer...just have to wait and see. I just hate the waiting game and am thrown off by this opk and had to ask. 

Well unfortunately it is a waiting game.  I sort of understand what you are going through, my DH has been working out of town so I have been obsessing over my FW as well.  It is possible to have a positive OPK after you ovulate for a couple reasons.  The OPKs are just a "snapshot" of your LH surge.  By the time you get the pos OPK your LH levels will have already been surging for some time.  The hormone goes through the blood first, so urine gets the message after the hormone has already been working in your body.  Also, say you ovulated around the peak of your surge you will still have a pos OPK as the hormone levels go back down.  Again, the hormone will be in/out of your blood before your urine. That is probably more than what you asked for, but yes its possible to have a pos OPK after ovulation, but only your temps will be able to confirm that.  GL!

• imagengarciabyu:

Well unfortunately it is a waiting game.  I sort of understand what you are going through, my DH has been working out of town so I have been obsessing over my FW as well.  It is possible to have a positive OPK after you ovulate for a couple reasons.  The OPKs are just a "snapshot" of your LH surge.  By the time you get the pos OPK your LH levels will have already been surging for some time.  The hormone goes through the blood first, so urine gets the message after the hormone has already been working in your body.  Also, say you ovulated around the peak of your surge you will still have a pos OPK as the hormone levels go back down.  Again, the hormone will be in/out of your blood before your urine. That is probably more than what you asked for, but yes its possible to have a pos OPK after ovulation, but only your temps will be able to confirm that.  GL!

Thank you. And thanks for the info on the opk's. I never did think about it the way you put it and now I feel a lot better. I always knew they were just a guide, but I assumed that they go positive only days leading to O, but it makes sense for them to show positive even after b/c levels are still high. I feel a little stupid for asking now lol.

I have never obsessed about my fw so much as I have the cycle DH left and this cycle. I always thought myself a calm person when it came to these things but I have to say I feel a bit crazy waiting. Guess it makes sense...when DH is home I know I don't have to stress so much about my fw b/c we would just bd until I got confirmation, but to have to time it around someone elses schedule (i.e the military) I am going crazy about all the little details. Assuming its the same with you and your husbands work schedule. Its all fine when you have control over the timing but when its taken out of your hands all of the sudden the timing and the exact date you O becomes even more crucial and that much more easy to obsess over. I think I am more on edge too b/c I have yet to hear from DH. I know he is fine, but I hate going days without knowing where he even is or when I will hear from him. Uck I need a drink lol. 

I need to relax or the next two weeks are going to s*ck. Just going to temp every morning like I do and see what the end result is. Its just one cycle anyway, not like my odds are high to start with. 

Thanks again for the info! 

Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • Hey Angel!  FX for you!  I actually chart stalked you earlier today and I think your odds look pretty good!  :)  

I have some ambiguity on my chart this cycle, so was just reading this again today.  Check it out if you haven't read it, or haven't read it in a while, lots of good info: 

https://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html#9

I'm sorry your DH is going to the 'stan.  Bleh.  I was hoping he was going on a ship or something boring like that.  ((((((hugs)))))))

imageimageimage
  • imagedarjeeling:

Hey Angel!  FX for you!  I actually chart stalked you earlier today and I think your odds look pretty good!  :)  

I have some ambiguity on my chart this cycle, so was just reading this again today.  Check it out if you haven't read it, or haven't read it in a while, lots of good info: 

https://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html#9

I'm sorry your DH is going to the 'stan.  Bleh.  I was hoping he was going on a ship or something boring like that.  ((((((hugs)))))))

AHHH I remember this! It has been over a year since I read it though. Thanks for linking it.
    I am not sure what was up with me earlier. Probably just too much stress paired with getting sick. I am far more relaxed tonight and not at all worried about the positive opk. I actually went back to when I first started tracking on FF (over a year ago) and found a chart when I had 3 days of positive OPKs...two that happened after FF confirmed O. 
    Yeah I wish DH was on some training mission in Germany or something, but he is over in the sandbox. The only good thing is that he was one of the last soldiers to go on R&R so the time remaining is not very long. Hoping to have my family together again after the New Year. 

Thanks for the boost of confidence. I am being so weary about this cycle, but when I look at our timing, I think we have a really good chance (as good of a chance as the situation would allow). And really, if this cycle is a bust I will just go back to lurking until Jan ;c)

Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • imagehgfmom:

imageAngel5218:
    Sorry...b/c DH is back in Afghanistan :( That is why I am obsessing about this cycle. He was only home for 2 weeks. He wont be home again till the new year. I hate always bringing up he is deployed b/c I am afraid ppl will get annoyed with it, but I forget not everyone reads my posts. 

I don't mind that you bring it up. I appreciate your family's sacrifice for all of us.

Same here, I just wanted to say good luck!

My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since 0ct. 2011
    Me-34,DH-34
    Dx:Hypothyroidism 2008
    HSG- All clear CD 3 bloodwork normal
    SA- Abnormal Dx:MFI
    DH on 50mg Clomid 3x week
    BFP#1- 1/21/13 CP 1/24/13
    Cycle 18,19 & 20 50mg Clomid+trigger+IUI= All BFFN
    Cycle 21-25 Taking a break for now, still HIO Hoping!
    Moving onto IVF Next AF
    (PAIF/SAIF Welcome)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageAngel5218:
    imagengarciabyu:

Thank you. And thanks for the info on the opk's. I never did think about it the way you put it and now I feel a lot better. I always knew they were just a guide, but I assumed that they go positive only days leading to O, but it makes sense for them to show positive even after b/c levels are still high. I feel a little stupid for asking now lol.

I have never obsessed about my fw so much as I have the cycle DH left and this cycle. I always thought myself a calm person when it came to these things but I have to say I feel a bit crazy waiting. Guess it makes sense...when DH is home I know I don't have to stress so much about my fw b/c we would just bd until I got confirmation, but to have to time it around someone elses schedule (i.e the military) I am going crazy about all the little details. Assuming its the same with you and your husbands work schedule. Its all fine when you have control over the timing but when its taken out of your hands all of the sudden the timing and the exact date you O becomes even more crucial and that much more easy to obsess over. I think I am more on edge too b/c I have yet to hear from DH. I know he is fine, but I hate going days without knowing where he even is or when I will hear from him. Uck I need a drink lol. 

I need to relax or the next two weeks are going to s*ck. Just going to temp every morning like I do and see what the end result is. Its just one cycle anyway, not like my odds are high to start with. 

Thanks again for the info! 

I totally get where you are coming from.  I had some surprise pos OPKs right AFTER DH left this week, and Im pretty sure that I didnt O when FF said so, and just Od yesterday or the day before.  Had I known I would have BD more!  So Im kicking myself in the ass and keep staring at my chart like something is going to change. Snd at the same time Im trying to figure out how to time DHs next visit so its during my FW. Obsessive right?   Oh the joys of TTC.  

Andplusalso I thought FOR SURE I was out b/c of FF original CH, but now there MIGHT me a slight chance for me, so yeah, i think we might be in the same 2WW situation as well. lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"