2nd Trimester

sciatic nerve?

Yesterday I went shopping and walked around all day an my lower almost where my butt is and my hip started hurting pretty bad and i firgured it was just from walking around but today when i woke up its still pretty sore and when I walk its or stand its pretty extreme and its also going down my leg a little but. Its just on my RIGHT side as well. Just wondering if this could be my sciatic nerve or just pain from walking too much.. ill see my dr on tuesday but hoping to have some relief by then!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: sciatic nerve?

• Sciatic nerve. Its common. I am only 9weeks along but I have prior damage there and my Doctor told me to watch out and that around 20 weeks we well have to start physical therapy
  • I could totally be worng here but I have read/been told in the past that sciatic nerve flare-ups are usually caused from too much immobility. welllll I am VERY mobile and it seems that the more mobile I am, the more my sciatic nerve is KILLING me!! I hear its common in pregnancy though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep I have this as well, on and off. Hope you can find some relief!
  • Sounds like the sciatic nerve.  I had a similar complain - except mine is on my left side.  My OB said it's common and nothing much you can do!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKingston54:
    Sounds like the sciatic nerve.  I had a similar complain - except mine is on my left side.  My OB said it's common and nothing much you can do!

BTW mine is almost always at night!  WHen I get up to pee in the middle of the night, sometimes I have to grab the footboard to get my bearings because it hurts so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Go see a massage therapist that does prenatal massage. I had a sciatic flare up at 9 weeks. I got a wonderful rub down and have not had a problem since. You don't have to live in pain.
  • imageasibilrud:
    I could totally be worng here but I have read/been told in the past that sciatic nerve flare-ups are usually caused from too much immobility. welllll I am VERY mobile and it seems that the more mobile I am, the more my sciatic nerve is KILLING me!! I hear its common in pregnancy though.

Mine is very bad... I think it's the worst at night. I will wake up with severe pain all night long when I lay still for more than an hour. Then again, it hurts just as bad when I walk too much. I'm just hoping it goes away after the baby is born. It's horrible... I feel like it's consumed my entire life. I can't do anything without being in pain.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I get it so bad my Husband has had to actually carry me to the bed or couch! I spoke to my OB last week and she said there isn't much you can do...try massage, mild stretching, heating pad, laying on your side with a pillow between your legs.

It all only helps a little bit, but it is better than nothing!

• I recently had sciatica; I'm 20 weeks into my pregnancy and I started getting shooting pains down my back and leg! My sister had it throughout her entire pregnancy so luckily she was able to give me some advice that seemed to move my baby off the nerve. Get down on all fours and rock back and forth, also, when you are down on all fours gently release you stomach and then curl your back up, do this about 1-200 times a day. I feel like a completely different person today! Pain is almost entirely gone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"