September 2012 Moms
Options

walking the dog with the stroller

I was wondering how you ladies walked your dogs and pushed strollers at the same time? I did not know if you hooked the dogs to the strollers or pushed the stroller with one hand.

Hope everyone had an awesome weekend!

View Full Size Image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: walking the dog with the stroller

• Options

I use a nylon leash not a retractable when I walk the pupster with the stroller. Then again, I usually use the nylon leash - retractable leashes are the devil! I get mad at owners who use a retractable leash and let their dog have free rein of the 15 feet around their leash.

Sorry for the tangent. I think you should hold the leash in one hand, not attach to the stroller. If attached to the stroller the dog could get spooked and take off tipping the stroller or something equally horrifying. If you use a nylon leash you can keep both hands on the stroller using just one when you need to give the dog a little more leeway. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    imagetara1223:
    I recommend getting a carrier if you can that way you have your hands free, if that's not an option, you want the dog walking in a heel position/at your side.

I was going to do this the other day then realized if the dog pooped I'd have to hold the dog, bend over and make sure he doesn't fall out of the carrier and pick up the poop and that was enough to nix the walk for me.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I usually just walk her over the parking lot on leash and she goes off, but for the odd occasion I have the leash in one hand and both on the stroller anyways, if that makes sense. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have 2 dogs, so i have always had one on a running/hiking leash. It can buckle on my waist like a belt and allows me to be hands free. I am not using it currently because of my c section, but when I get cleared to excessive I will use it again for now I only go with one dog at a time and I use a thick nylon leash.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageFlamingemu:

I use a nylon leash not a retractable when I walk the pupster with the stroller. Then again, I usually use the nylon leash - retractable leashes are the devil! I get mad at owners who use a retractable leash and let their dog have free rein of the 15 feet around their leash.

I 100% agree with this. 

I haven't had any experience yet, but I plan on doing "umbellical" where I loop the leash around my waist/hips - it's a lot easier to control the dog since my entire body is much stronger than 1 arm while trying to push a stroller.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"