September 2012 Moms

Here's a helpful baby tip.

I forgot about this one until late last night when I was up with a fussy, angry baby. All three of my girls at some point as newborns forgot to release their muscles to poop and fart. Now, this may or may not work for you, and I am only sharing this because it may be helpful to some. 

DD3 woke up last night grunting like a crazy person and appearing to push and strain. She was clearly in a little pain and having trouble. She also went from pooping at every nursing session to only once per day. It was clear that she was trying to get things out but couldn't. I took her thermometer and put vaseline on it. I then put just a little of the tip into her bottom. This released the floodgates and she spent the next 5 minutes farting and pooping. They sometimes forget to relax the muscles and instead clinch them. The thermometer trick helps them to release. You only need to put a tiny part of the thermometer in. HTH. 

Elizabeth Grace 11.20.05 Nora June 7.15.08 Beatrix Catherine 9.4.12

Re: Here's a helpful baby tip.

• This sadly doesn't work for us :( however, I wish it would

Liam Dean | 09.11.12 | 6lbs 13oz

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageangeleighhh:
    This sadly doesn't work for us :( however, I wish it would

Sad

Sorry. I wish I had a trick for you.

Elizabeth Grace 11.20.05 Nora June 7.15.08 Beatrix Catherine 9.4.12
  • Loading the player...
  • imageWhite0rchid:

imageangeleighhh:

Sad

We've had to just let him deal with it, sadly. Gas drops seem to help.. once he farts, it tends to speed things up.. but its so hard to watch! My old pedi office suggested prune juice w/ water to help but I don't feel comfortable giving him juice at only 2-3 weeks. 

• imageangeleighhh:
    imageWhite0rchid:

imageangeleighhh:

Sad

We've had to just let him deal with it, sadly. Gas edrops seem to help.. once he farts, it tends to speed things up.. but its so hard to watch! My old pedi office suggested prune juice w/ water to help but I don't feel comfortable giving him juice at only 2-3 weeks. 

dude. I saw what this did to my almost one year old. I would never even THINK of doing this for a NB...ever.
  • Our LC used this trick on L last Monday since she hadn't pooped since The Thursday before. So much poop came out, and then she pooped two more times that day. No poop on Tuesday and by Wednesday she was pooping breast milk poops. She has been "regular" ever since. 

Another trick is to lift their legs by their ankle and do bicycle kicks or rotate their legs counter clockwise over their torso. Helps move things along in the intestines. 

Met DH - Aug 2001 :: Married - Jan 2010 :: DD born - Sept 2012

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • imageLILBIT1221:
    imageangeleighhh:
    imageWhite0rchid:

imageangeleighhh:

Sad

We've had to just let him deal with it, sadly. Gas edrops seem to help.. once he farts, it tends to speed things up.. but its so hard to watch! My old pedi office suggested prune juice w/ water to help but I don't feel comfortable giving him juice at only 2-3 weeks. 

dude. I saw what this did to my almost one year old. I would never even THINK of doing this for a NB...ever.

Needless to say, we switched pediatricians after this. I was mortified that he even suggested it. I don't even know what it would do :( 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"