March 2013 Moms

So exactly how far along am I again?!

Ive read so many different things in confused now! According to Justmommies website I am now in my 5th month. I am 16w4d...what do you think?
Baby Slings at Nurtured Family BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: So exactly how far along am I again?!

• almost 4 months

The way I calculate it is 31 days per month. There are 280 days in a pregnancy. 31 days x 9 months = 279. So that's my thinking.

• 4 months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Just looked over the chart on Justmommies website and they appear to go by the 10 month pregnancy standard. No thanks...9 months is enough! lol
    Baby Slings at Nurtured Family BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I count months from the date of my LMP, since mine is pretty close to the textbook 28 day cycle.  I don't even bother converting the weeks into months.
  • You have completed 4 months and working on month 5.

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• I usually go from the last completed month + however many weeks. So right now I am 3 months and 2.5 weeks (or halfway through my 4th month). I actually really like the Just Mommies calendar, and I have it bookmarked on my computer so that I can keep track!
    BabyFruit Ticker Follow my baby story at: http://www.nycitified.blogspot.com/
  • I use the just mommies site too and don't understand why they have their calendar set to a 10 month pregnancy cycle.

I figure it this way.  If 40 weeks = 9 completed months and each of those months is equal in length then each of those months is about 4.44 weeks (40 divided by 9).

Month 1 is completed at 4.44 weeks.

Month 2: 8.88 weeks

Month 3: 13.32 weeks

Month 4: 17.76 weeks

Month 5: 22.2 weeks

Month 6: 26.64 weeks

Month 7: 31.08 weeks

Month 8: 35.52 weeks

Month 9: 39.96 weeks

By this calculation you're about a week away from completing 4 months and entering the 5th month.

BFP #1 9/21/11. EDD 6/4/12.  Twins discovered at 8 weeks. Twin B lost at 14 weeks due to megacystis.  Alice Joe born and lost 1/5/12 at 18.5 weeks due to pre-term labor.

BFP #2 7/11/12.  EDD 3/23/13.  Ada Alice born 3/20/13.

• imagephilfemgal:

I use the just mommies site too and don't understand why they have their calendar set to a 10 month pregnancy cycle.

I figure it this way.  If 40 weeks = 9 completed months and each of those months is equal in length then each of those months is about 4.44 weeks (40 divided by 9).

By this calculation you're about a week away from completing 4 months and entering the 5th month.

This was helpful! Thank you.. made it easier to understand!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I found this link last week on justmommies.

https://www.baby2see.com/pregnancylength.html

It converts the length by days, months etc 

• I guess my military surroundings have just overtaken my calculations. LOL. They calculate EVERYTHING in my pregnancy by weeks not months. 40 weeks in pregnancy and I am at 18 weeks + 2 days. When I try to start talking months here everyone looks at me like I am CRAZY.

At 16+ weeks you would be completing month 4 starting month 5. I think.

• It gets weird because with the 40 week count, you aren't even pregnant for the first two weeks. Threw me for a loop when I got my BFP and called my doctor's office and they told me I was 4 weeks pregnant. I was like, no, I can only be 2 weeks pregnant because I was on my period 4 weeks ago! smh.

So what I do when people ask me how far along I am is I just subtract 2 weeks from my pregnancy week count, then convert it into months. So at 16 weeks, minus two is 14 weeks, so I tell people I'm 3 1/2 months pregnant. I won't say I'm 4 months pregnant until Week 18 (18 - 2 = 16, divide by 4 = 4 months). (Even though the books will tell you you're starting your 5th month!!)  And then I don't go any lower than half month increments, I just round up or down to the closest one. So at 17 weeks, I'll still say I'm 3 1/2 months pregnant. At 15 weeks I said I was 3 months along. That's what works for me and makes sense to people who haven't been pregnant.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• imagesdemilio1231:
    imagephilfemgal:

I use the just mommies site too and don't understand why they have their calendar set to a 10 month pregnancy cycle.

This was helpful! Thank you.. made it easier to understand!  

I agree...very helpful. I've always been confused by the whole week thing too. I've never looked at it this way. I'm def gonna have to copy & paste this somewhere. lOl. Thanks!

Mommy-to-Be of Baby M!!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"