3rd Trimester
Options

migraine

Along with a lot of early mild labor symptoms today, I have also gotten a lovely migraine. I haven't had one since first tri. I'm wondering if its a sudden shift in hormones causing this an hopefully labor is close but this tylenol isn't cutting it. Anyone have any suggestions. Figures I'd get it on the weekend when I couldn't just call a midwife for an rx.
Photobucket Pregnancy Ticker

Re: migraine

• Options
    My OB gave me Tylenol 3 when I had a bad headache/migraine.

Right now I am battling a cold and sinus bug. The sinus pain has been ridiculous; barely slept last night. Went to the pharmacy and showed the pharmacist my list of safe otc. He told me the perfect combination to take and I feel so much better!

• Options
    Do you normally get migranes when not pg?  My midwife is all paranoid about headaches because they can be a sign of pre-e.  Keep an eye on it and your blood pressure, especially this late in the game.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Pre-preg, I got migraines all the time and I've had about 5 this pregnancy.  Tylenol is a joke.  Mine respond fairly well to heat.... I use a heating pad either on my shoulders/neck or sometimes on my head itself.  I also have some of those 'pillows' that are filled with beans that you put in the microwave and warms up and makes a moist heat.  You can make your own w/ rice and a tube sock.  I hope you feel better.  

(Although, I also agree with PP, check your bp if you can because if headaches aren't normal for you, you may want to just make sure it's not elevated.)

Feel better! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Tylenol is like throwing pebbles at a tank. I've had a migraine for 16 days now (I'm 41 weeks today and being induced!) I don't have pre-e and have a medical history of migraines. My doctos found NOTHING. My OB did give me an Rx that has a narcotic in it that is safe for the baby but it knocks you out and only worked for me while it was in my system and who wants to be unconscious 24 hours a day?!

The only "relief" I found was a small amount of caffeine in the AM. I'm really sorry that you have this too. You can try a prenatal massage too. That brought me back from a mental breaking point when I couldn't take any more. It relieved the migraine momentarily- but mostly gave me a mental break from the pain. 

I hope you find something that works! GL!

p.s. my OB also said I could try excedrin, but then we found out I have a low platelet count and took that offer off the table. Maybe with some blood work they'd approve you! 

• Options
    I do have a history of migraines pp. Thankfully, they haven't been nearly as bad during pregnancy and I've been able to use some milder rx's on them but I ran out. Only other pree like symptom is swollen ankles at the end of the day and they go down after propping feet up. I've been checking BP at work too and its been nice and low. I actually think I may have gotten rid of it by catching it early , sleep, and otc meds. Never could've happened pp. Hopefully, it stays at bay. Thanks everyone!.
    Photobucket Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I get migraines as well, but thank heavens have only had one bad one during this pregnancy, and a few other bad headaches.

I agree that Tylenol alone is basically a joke, but the only other thing that's provided relief is having some caffeine.  I always used Excedrin for Migraine before being PG...it worked better for me than most prescription meds, and it just contains tylenol, aspirin, and caffeine.  So, that's why I've at least gone with treating with tylenol and caffeine.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this and hope you find some relief soon! 

IMG_0933 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"