July 2012 Moms

Returning to Work

So I am heading back to work on Thursday and my baby is headed to daycare. I have been putting the fact that she has to be away from me all day out of my mind until the last minute and now it is hear. I am starting to get anxious and sad thinking about the first day dropping her off at daycare and heading to work. I already know I am going to be fighting back my tears all day.

Anyone want to share how their daycare/return to work was the first day and now? Any bit of encouragement or stories would help.

I wish I has the ability to stay at home but I know she will learn so much and be socialized at school. I just can't imagine not being with her everyday and missing so much of her milestones.

In my head I have already pictured her heading to kindergarden, high school and college and in every scenrio I am crying. Man this is going to be a long 18 years of worrying but it will be worth every minute :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Returning to Work

• You don't want to hear my story. It's been 2 weeks and I still cry about it. I had DD meet with the daycare provider the week before and she also watched her for 1/2 day to make the first day easier, which it did... a little if even possible. I also started back to work part-time for a few weeks and will be full-time again soon here (which will be very hard, I'm still crying about it). So easing back into work and DD into daycare helped, even though it never gets easier to leave her. Also, DH came with to drop her off on the first day, he gave me strength and also a shoulder to cry on when we walked out the door. Oh man, I was a mess. Have tissues in your car and bring your make up to reapply if needed. GOOD LUCK!! You will get through it. Someone told me the anticipation is the worst part which it really is. And smart moving going back on a Thursday so you only have two days until the weekend!!

We've decided it isn't worth it to us to send DD to daycare for 50 hours a week, miss out on daily milestones, and doesn't make sense financially, so we are working towards me becoming a SAHM. I actually didn't want to originally (I'd rather work part-time but I approached my boss and he said my position is a full-time position only) and we didn't think it was financially possible at all but leaving her was the hardest thing I've ever done. I don't want to pay someone else to be there with her when that is all I want to do. I'm not in an amazing career path at the time anyways, so I'd much rather be at home with her. I have tons of SAHM friends and we will have tons of play dates so DD will be socialized. I will also be watching my nephew too (which will help bring in some extra money and socialize DD too). Maybe it is something that could be possible for you if you want it to be. I really didn't think it was but we are making some major changes to make it possible. It will be tight but it's worth it to us until she starts school. Again, good luck!!! Be strong. You are doing what you need to do for your LO.

imageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"