September 2012 Moms

Nipple squirters:

Mine don't squirt. They will drip and soak my shirt when I'm getting ready to nurse, but if I hand express, it just seeps out barely.

In the pump on the highest setting I get one squirt stream plus drips on the left side but big drops on the right.

Do I have blocked ducts or is this normal? I read that some of you are hitting walls across the room and ceilings!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green

Re: Nipple squirters:

• imageStephJ:
    Mine don't always squirt, but they do when I pump. However, they didn't at first, until I tried different size shields. nbsp;Reading online and Medela included info, most women are not the 24mm that come standard with pumps. For me I tried the 30mm and 27mm and they both work better than the 24. nbsp;One of the ways you can tell the shield is the wrong size is that you don't see streams, and only see drops instead.

I'm not sure what size I'm using but it makes sense that maybe the right one is not sized properly.... It is a bit smaller than the left one. I'll try the other sizes. Thank you!

But how are people squirting across the room? Just by squeezing?

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • If DD unlatches suddenly, she will get sprayed!  I guess it happens if she unlatches mid-let down. It happened to DS, too.

And, yes, it sprays out when I'm pumping. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageSharkFarts:
    I never squirted, ever.

I only did one time with DD.
    I was about to hop in the shower and I had a little mini fountain for about 3 seconds.

By hand expressing or pumping, I could squirt maybe 6 inches?

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• As we all learned, I'm a squirter. Haha but seriously, I spray in the shower, during let down and when I pump. It's ridiculous my poor kid half chokes.
  • imageSharkFarts:
    I never squirted, ever.

That makes me feel better!

• I can tell you this, I leak out of the side of my nipples where they used to be pierced. You're welcome.
  • imageSteph+J:
    imageLILBIT1221:
    As we all learned, I'm a squirter.

from more than one body part if I remember correctly....
    haha I was wondering if anyone was going to catch that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"