2nd Trimester

5 month reality check?

Did anyone else have a 5 month reality check moment where they realized they have like 4 months  and a bit left and feel suddenly a little over whelmed?

Perhaps it's just me today given the baby is moving and kicking well, I have the most energy I have had all pregnancy and the crib/mattress and bedding just arrived and it all looks so good. But somehow it makes it all more real...more overwhelming :D Yet overwhelming brings even more excitement I will note! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: 5 month reality check?

• yup can't believe I'm 17 weeks already. I have not done a thing to prepare for this baby Embarrassed I haven't told anybody I'm pregnant yet. Guess I better get going, lol.
  • La la la la la...  I can't hear you...  I just realized how pregnant I really am today and kind of a had a mini panic attack.  I still haven't even scheduled a tour of the hospital and they only do them one day a month!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • i have had moments of this throughout my pregnancy.  It is slightly overwhelming to think about all that needs to be done especially since it has been to early to really do anything.  Not to mention the stress of having a baby.  I am toatlly excited but lets be honest it is a little stessful to be responsible for a life.  It is a big job and a lot of work but just try to get through these moments and remember it will  all be ok.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • What hits me is that I only have about 3.5 months left of work. As much as I look forward to being a SAHM, it is going to be a huge change for me and I'm a bit anxious about it.  

There is a ton to do to get ready for baby, too, of course! 

Happily Mrs. C 
    image  image

image Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    start ttc #1 in Jan 2009
    dx PCOS in May 2010, begin metformin
    Two failed clomid cycles (made lining too thin)
    Started acupuncture while saving for IVF in Sept 2011
    Add herbal infusions to the mix in Dec 2011
    Hoping holistic approach works!!!

BFP on April 2012 at 11dpo
    Meepy Man born on Jan 2013 - Hip Hip Hurray!

Ready to start ttc #2 April 2013, but plan to be an extended BF'er
    Back on metformin Aug 2013
    Restart herbal infusions Sept 2013 - currently drinking nettle, oatstraw, and red raspberry leaf
    DS weaned in April 2014
    Taking a break from herbs and just riding the healthy train.  
    Planning medicated cycle end of summer.  FX I get KU before then!!!
  • It is all going by so fast -- I'm not overwhelmed yet, I just can't believe that I'm already through my first trimester, and I know the next few months (holidays, etc) will go be really fast too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I can't even believe that I'm already in my 2nd trimester! It has been going so fast!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just wait until you only have 2 months to go.  My ticker says 69 days.  I'm suddenly having a panic attack b/s the nursery isn't done.
  • I have 13 weeks left... we've done nothing. I'm not worried yet! We don't have a nursery though so I don't need to set up as much as most people - just a PnP in our room & a changing pad on our dresser.
  • I'm 6 months and haven't had the reality check yet.  I think in one more month when Halloween hits, then I realize I have to prepare for Thanksgiving, Christmas and LO's3rd birthday in COMBINATION with getting ready for a new baby... I'll probably start the freak-out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm 6 months as of yesterday and that is when I kinda started feeling panicky. I haven't picked out a crib/bedroom furniture, planned anything/registered for anything for a shower or even picked a name so kudos to you :
  • I am 17 weeks and started getting a belly overnight!!. I keep thinking that I have plentyyy of time. We haven't even glanced at names (together at least). I feel your overwheelming feelings!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Um, YES. I just had this convo with DH. We have so much to do, and I am way too much of a planner! 
    K & C | 9.17.10
    "With You By My Side, I Will Never Be Lost"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm def there but it's still so far off in some ways too. We're moving into our first house next month and there's the holidays and all that so it's a bunch of fun stuff coming up. It's funny because I can't wait for him to get here but at the same time I'm scared/sad that my relationship with my husband will change but I'm sure it'll all be for the better ! 
    Pregnancy Ticker Owner & Creator of www.GreatestKidsGames.com
  • I'm not 5 months yet, but I had a holy crap moment this morning when I was reading a post and noticed my ticker said LO is 10" head to toe. I've been thinking crown to rump this whole time.... Crazy...
  • It hit me this weekend when we were painting what will be the nursery! I can't believe how fast it's already gone and that we're over halfway. Now that baby is finally starting to move more that makes it feel more real to me too. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageJumpAroundBucky:
    Um, YES. I just had this convo with DH. We have so much to do, and I am way too much of a planner! 

This. I'm trying to keep my anxiety over our finances in check.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"