December 2012 Moms
Options

Umm..Gangnam Style?

All day I've been seeing stuff on Pinterest about this (Keep Calm and Gangnam Style, etc.), so I got curious and Googled.  

WTF?!?!  

I've never facepalmed so hard in my life.  Where did this come from??  And why are people obsessed with it?  And why is it so damn catchy??  Is there an English version?  Because I'd love to know what the eff he's singing about.

It's ALMOST as bad as Call Me Maybe.  Almost.

Re: Umm..Gangnam Style?

• Options
    ehhh, sexy lady! It gets stuck in your head and the dancing is ridiculous. I love ridiculous.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    There's just so much going on all at once.  It's like he couldn't decide whether he wanted to be techno, pop, or effed up macarena.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's K-pop dudes. It's like Korean LMFAO. He's amazing. It's like one of the most popular sings in the world right now. Which is pretty awesome for some random Korean pop artist.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yeah, I just saw that he was on the VMAs.  I actually half-watched them this year, so I don't know how I missed that.  
  • Options
    Youtube made him big. It was the #2 most searched video for weeks. Now he is just a big deal here. I kind of love that song. I find it hilarious. Same with the video. He's so pudgy and weird looking that the whole thing is just funny.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Apparently he's singing about a certain style and class and a way of living in a place called Gangnam, which would be similar to that of Beverly Hills, California. 

It's ridiculously catchy and we actually listened to it last night. Good for him, but I still don't "get" it. lol

EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • Options
    I don't think there is anything to "get". It's just a funny video and a catchy song. I think that is all you have to "get".
  • Options
    It has definitely grown on me since watching the video for the first time a couple of days ago.  It is trending on Twitter almost every day!  I kind of like it :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

TTC #2 Since October 2013. Annovulatory so not expecting much! Waited to finish breastfeeding before using Clomid again.  August 2014: Clomid round 3 (50 mg) and progesterone (100mg) - BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageNana_Osaki06:
    I don't think there is anything to "get". It's just a funny video and a catchy song. I think that is all you have to "get".

When I say "get," I'm more so referring to the fact that I don't quite understand why it's blown up the way it has. However, there are plenty of internet memes and things that I don't understand.  

EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • Options
    I love this song!! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Interesting! I only know about it because is is a frequently played song at the end of the news show our students do daily for the school. Have this one student who dances to it each time it is played and he has quite the moves! I assumed it was in Hindi and Bollywood related. Evidently I was wrong!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think it's so bizarre to me because he totally reminds me of some movie character in the video. I can't think of which one, but it still cracks me up.
  • Options
    There's not an English version (yet?), but you can Google the translated lyrics. Now whether they were translated properly or not is another story! I'm not entirely sure how he "blew up" over here, but I think it's pretty cool that some dude doing K-pop is so popular here in the US, especially considering he's not speaking English. As a culture, we usually don't latch on to something like that. I'm proud of us! ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemejane123:
    I think it's so bizarre to me because he totally reminds me of some movie character in the video. I can't think of which one, but it still cracks me up.

He kind of reminds me of the Asian guy from the Hangover! If not him, then definitely the guy who shows up halfway through the video in the parking garage, in the yellow (I think it's yellow) suit - but that guy also reminds me of the villain from Despicable Me (I think it's the glasses he wears).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think the song is strange, but terribly catchy.  I also find it hilarious that my 3.5 year old son can't help but shake his booty every time he hears it!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMeaganG11:

imagemejane123:

He kind of reminds me of the Asian guy from the Hangover! If not him, then definitely the guy who shows up halfway through the video in the parking garage, in the yellow (I think it's yellow) suit - but that guy also reminds me of the villain from Despicable Me (I think it's the glasses he wears).

Yes!!  The guy from The Hangover is exactly who I'm thinking of.  

• Options
    The video was insane...so I googled the lyrics...I still don't get what the BFD is. But it does get stuk in your head easily, when I hear the intro on the radio I change the channel for my sanity :) 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ahhh...now it's in my head again! Hehe - gotta love the dance. According to my daughter it's quite funny watching me do it with my belly. She seems to think he baby sister is going to come out doing the dance. If you have a teenager in the house like I do, you get to hear it at least 5 times a day and see her doing the dance everywhere (including Walmart, Menards)...it's fun. Kinda like the Macarana was at first.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I cant stand that song!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"