Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Postpartum Thyroiditis

Is anyone else dealing with this? 
imageimage

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible"--Harry, When Harry Met Sally

Re: Postpartum Thyroiditis

• Options
    I dont have a functioning thyroid so my levels are medicated- but if you are having issues you should see a endocronoligist (sp??) if you arent already.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I did after my DS was born and I have been being monitored for it ever since. The size of the nodules has gone down considerably since I was first being monitored, so that they are no longer noticeable by me but they ate still there. Mine appears to have no known reason, as my levels are good and my biopsy came back just fine. Note that I only had the biopsy because I asked for it my uncle was going through thyroid cancer treatment at the time.

It is my understanding that it I pretty common after pregnancy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wasn't feeling well so I went to my primary. My TSH was low, T4 normal, antibodies extremely elevated. I had an ultrasound done and 2 nodules were found but stable, so the endo is going to monitor them and check my labs again in 2 months.  I still feel like crap, though. Blah. 
    imageimage

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible"--Harry, When Harry Met Sally

• Options
    I started having problems with my thyroid during the first trimester, I told medication for about six weeks of the second trimester and then weaned off and my levels remained normal for the rest of the pregnancy. At about 12 weeks pp I noticed I was having heart palpitations and fullness in my neck. I had labs drawn again and my tsh was nonexistent and my t3 and t4 were very high. The endocrinologist recommended taking meds but I'm EBF and didn't want to risk baby getting side effects. So I'm drinking 4 to 6 cups of lemon balm tea, so far my symptoms are gone and I go for more lab work in a few weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"