Success after IF
Options

Follie Check U/S - bummed

Hi all. Relatively new here. DH and I conceived on first cycle with RE back in 8/2010 after 5mg Femara with IUI (1st try). I have mild PCOS and amenorrhea.

We are now TTC #2, and I took 5mg Femara CD 3-7 and had u/s today for follie check (CD 11). I did not respond very well. There was a 10mm on each ovary, and several 8mm or less. The RE is having me come back on Tuesday for a re-check, but he eluded to the fact that this cycle is likely a bust.

I feel a little let down b/c I was so pumped up for today - I had been having all this aching and cramps leading up to today, thinking that I was responding so well to the meds. Dr. told me that I probably did not respond as well this time because of my insulin resistance and weight (I'm about 10-15 lbs over from when I got pregnant with DD).

When I got to the car, I lost it. I felt so good about myself this morning (prior to U/S) because I weighed myself and I have lost 12 lbs since beginning of August. I've been working really hard on it. To hear again about my "weight issues" just brought me down so much.

I know there's still hope for this cycle... I just needed to get that off my chest. DH doesn't get it at all.

Have a nice day, ladies.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Follie Check U/S - bummed

• Options

I'm sorry! :(

I know how you feel, I was very disappointed that the meds that worked the first time, last time, didn't work as well this attempt. It's frustrating, but I hope you have better results at the next apt (but not too many big ones so they don't cancel you.) GL!

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    They still have time to grow. Don't give up hope yet. Try to remember that you were extremely lucky to be successful on your first try last time. It doesn't have to happen the first time, although that would be awesome! GL, I hope things turn around for this cycle.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry! Being told about your weight sucks! I've been in your shoes and its just depressing. Wishing you lots of luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    I'm so sorry! There is still a chance! I didn't respond all that well to Femara alone. I did very well with Femara and a low dose of Menopur. It was only one shot... Maybe that would be an option next cycle? I did the step up of Femara starting with 2.5 then 5 then 7 in one cycle. That was just as expensive as the inject cycle because of all the ultrasounds. I ovulated eventually but didn't get KU. Good luck! Hugs!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you to all of you for the messages. None of my friends nor family members have dealt with IF.  It feels good to have somewhere to come to vent, and know that you all understand what this process is like.
  • Options
    My last cycle I started out on 5mg Femara and didn't respond at all all the follies were 8mm. So I immediately started another 5 days of 7.5mg Femara and then had 3 mature follies at the next u/s rather than starting a brand new cycle. Is that an option for you? hugs I know it's disappointing when you don't respond to meds especially when it worked before.
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hope it works out for you.  I cancelled our 2nd IVF and converted to an iui b/c we had one dominant follicle and 4 which were behind.  They really cautioned me about proceeding and it was one hell of an expensive iui w/ the $$ we spent on meds.  GL to you!
    Our miracle IVF baby - D 6/09 & J - Surprise! born 9/10!!!
  • Options
    T&P's that the cycle turns to success for you and that you are able to get beyond the discouragement of the weight-related comments, in light of your recent success in that area. stay focused on the positive things and you will come out on the best part of any outcome. (((hugs!!)))
    "A friend loves at all times..." Pr. 17:17 MY GOOGLEPAGES BIO imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Marla and Sarafuss... I didn't realize that you can take more Femara in the same cycle without restarting during the next cycle... This explains what the RE said about taking a higher dosage (7.5) of Femara immediately, pending the results of my u/s on Tuesday. I assumed he meant once my next cycle starts... Interesting.
  • Options
    imageChattyCathy81:
    Marla and Sarafuss... I didn't realize that you can take more Femara in the same cycle without restarting during the next cycle... This explains what the RE said about taking a higher dosage 7.5 of Femaranbsp;immediately, pending the results of my u/s on Tuesday. I assumed he meant once my next cycle starts... Interesting.
    . I hope your u/s shows you don't need another round of Femara but it sounds like you won't have to waste any time if that's not the case. Good luck!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"