Breastfeeding

Reglan?

Does this work? I'm thinking of begging my ob for it. She's having me do all these other techniques to replenish my dwindling supply.... Due to mastitis but both sides are low. How does that even make sense? Anyway I'm power pumping and nursing constantly skin to skin, water, fenugreek, blessed thistle, oats you name it. How did reglan work for you? In case it matters, DS is six weeks on Tuesday and we have had no problems until this mastitis...really until I started taking the dicloxacil for it. Could it be the antibiotics? He was gaining an average of 1.5 oz a day. My supply was amazing. Nursing was great.

I want to fix this soon. My freezer stash is slowly depleting and I do not want him to expect a bottle. Thanks!
Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

Re: Reglan?

• Reglan has less than desirable side effects for mother and baby. I would try Malunggay (moringa oleifera) first.

www.golacta.com

Many LCs feel that the golacta is just as good as (if not better that) Domperidone. Dom is not FDA approved for increasing milk supply. But is is approved for other issues so it is still available at pharmacies in the U.S. Domperidone is much safer and more effective than Reglan.  

Certified Lactation Counselor Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • But then I heard the side effects of domperodone are really serious too...like heart arrhythmias. After I posted this we have had som really solid feeds with multiple letdowns. Here's hoping I can avoid any drugs!
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"