1st Trimester
Options

Dizzy Spell.

I have been a bit lightheaded on and off since hitting 8 weeks. Now into my 9th, I am experiencing a really bad dizzy spell today. I've eaten, my belly's full, and am drinking a big bottle of water. Laying down completely flat has only added to the problem and walking is just about impossible right now. I even started to sweat a bit at the start of it. And I never sweat. My house is nice and cool, so I don't think I'm overheated for any reason, but I just began to sweat when the dizzy spell began. I was wondering how long a dizzy spell should typically last before it becomes something to worry about? I know dizziness is normal, as long as you're not fainting, but I'm kind of worried as it's been going on over 10 minutes and I still feel uncomfortable walking around or standing.
Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dizzy Spell.

• Options
    It's a side effect of the zofran you don't have a prescription for.

You're dehydrated

You're anemic

Sorry...those are my best guesses.
  • Options

imageold_time_girl:
    It's a side effect of the zofran you don't have a prescription for.You're dehydrated You're anemic Sorry...those are my best guesses.

+1

I always think it's funny when people have concerning symptoms but jump online to ask a forum. You're dizzy so naturally your first instinct is to jump on TB and ask if you should be worried.

CALL YOUR DOCTOR. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Where's your "I'm the biggest c*nt on The Bump" badges? Really, nothing good to say? Don't say it. I've seen far stupider posts and honestly I have two children I'm not going to hop up, pack up and head to the ER if someone can offer me some home remedies or quick fixes on a SUPPORT board. Get over yourselves.

What about your bitchiness? I'm sure that's a side effect from that stick up your a** that I'm certain wasn't prescribed, either.

And furthermore? I never took the Zofran. But good talk. ;) Thanks for the support, you perfect, perfect, flawless ladies! God, thanks for letting me know I'm so stupid. Haha. Right. :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

...Kay.

ETA: I just want to point out that TB is not for "support" it's for entertainment and making money. Can you find support here? Sure, if you give it. Which you don't, OP. From what I gather, all you do is post incessantly about your symptoms, family/home problems, and ignore solid advice that's given to you. Maybe if you gave out more support the rest of us would find it easier to support you instead of feeling the need to flame you every time you post.

Just food for thought. 

• Options
    Kalleigh, dont even feed into the nonsense. Some people here are miserable bitter lonely women who strive in an environment where they can gang up on people and act like school yard bullies. Don't even respond. Its useless. The bump is supposed to be a place where you an come and get advice and see who is experiencing what. For some though it is truly a lifestyle. I think that if your dizziness continues then call your doctor. It could be a host of things. Feel better. 

IAmPregnant Ticker

• Options
    Call your doctor. When in doubt call your doctor
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Drink more fluids.

How is your protein intake? When I was pg with DD I would get dizzy spells if I wasn't eating enough protein. Skim mozzarella sticks, some nuts, peanut butter or Nutella.

Really though, if you are getting them on the regular you need to talk to your doc ASAP. There might be something else going on.

PS insulting people contradicts the "don't have anything nice to say, so remain silent" thing you are claiming to live by. Just putting that out there.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

Kelleigh,

If it continues to happen, I would contact your care provider, and yes, make sure to eat healthy, and drink lots of water, in addition to resting (after you chase your other kiddos - ha!).  

The post title intrigued me, because I have also been having a couple of dizzy spells.  Mine seem to be from hunger, however.  I'm monitoring it, and will also contact my CP should it continue and become of concern.

Good luck!  :) 

• Options
    imageMrsNorry:

...Kay.

ETA: I just want to point out that TB is not for "support" it's for entertainment and making money. Can you find support here? Sure, if you give it. Which you don't, OP. From what I gather, all you do is post incessantly about your symptoms, family/home problems, and ignore solid advice that's given to you. Maybe if you gave out more support the rest of us would find it easier to support you instead of feeling the need to flame you every time you post.

Just food for thought. 

You're ignorant, actually. Because I read others' posts and give advice and suggestions if I have any. I expect the same, whoops!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Ok first thing I want to say is that if people don't want to give someone advice on this forum then after u read it...move on.I understand that people jump on here whenever they experience something weird.I am a total newbie and I am going through this mostly alone.my husband works out of town during the week most of the time and my family doesn't know I'm pg and I won't tell them until my first trimester is over.so I have come on here to make sure what I'm going through is normal or take advice if someone else is or has gone through it.I would rather get advice here about my pregnancy than looking on google.some people don't want to bother their doctor with ever little symptom or haven't had their first appointment yet!
    Now to answer the woman who posted this in the first place...I got really dizzy the first 3 days after my positive test.and after asking people on this forum I realized that my iron was too low.also I used to get really bad dizzy spells if my blood sugar was off.even if I was full.just try to make sure u are eating a balanced meal and it should help.if not then u need to contact a Dr.don't hesitate to ask people questions on here...I often scan the forum to see that I'm not alone.and other people's posts have helped me a lot.
  • Options
    imagekelleighxnicole:
    Where's your "I'm the biggest cnt on The Bump" badges? Really, nothing good to say? Don't say it. I've seen far stupider posts and honestly I have two children I'm not going to hop up, pack up and head to the ER if someone can offer me some home remedies or quick fixes on a SUPPORT board. Get over yourselves.
    What about your bitchiness? I'm sure that's a side effect from that stick up your a that I'm certain wasn't prescribed, either.
    And furthermore? I never took the Zofran. But good talk. ; Thanks for the support, you perfect, perfect, flawless ladies! God, thanks for letting me know I'm so stupid. Haha. Right. :

Whoa, easy killer. I gave you some possibilities of what it could be. Isn't that what you were looking for?
    I've never been called a c.nt before! Yay! Where do i get my badge?
  • Options
    Berrybliss are you kidding me? You are ridiculous.
  • Options

I have been dizzy today and have had it on and off. I tend to be anemic! My OB took my blood two days ago to check it out. He said if I sometimes was before I would more than likely be now.

It when your blood thickens from being pregnant  the plasma does first then the red and white cells come slower. Many women become anemic while pregnant. You can tell your doctor and he may put you on iron along with your prenatal.

Symptoms include.. cold/ hot/ dizzy spells/ bruising/ and general sick feeling.

Worth mentioning to your Doctor!   :)

• Options
    imageBliss+Berry:

imageScarah510:
    Ok first thing I want to say is that if people don't want to give someone advice on this forum then after u read it...move on.I understand that people jump on here whenever they experience something weird.I am a total newbie and I am going through this mostly alone.my husband works out of town during the week most of the time and my family doesn't know I'm pg and I won't tell them until my first trimester is over.so I have come on here to make sure what I'm going through is normal or take advice if someone else is or has gone through it.I would rather get advice here about my pregnancy than looking on google.some people don't want to bother their doctor with ever little symptom or haven't had their first appointment yet! Now to answer the woman who posted this in the first place...I got really dizzy the first 3 days after my positive test.and after asking people on this forum I realized that my iron was too low.also I used to get really bad dizzy spells if my blood sugar was off.even if I was full.just try to make sure u are eating a balanced meal and it should help.if not then u need to contact a Dr.don't hesitate to ask people questions on here...I often scan the forum to see that I'm not alone.and other people's posts have helped me a lot.

If you want people to read your posts, try sentence structure and paragraphs. I'm not going to give myself a migraine because you don't use capitalization and punctuation. 

Soooo then why did you read it? Maybe she was posting from her phone. Give it a rest already, you never seem to have anything nice to say cranky pants.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imageSydney0130:
    imageBliss+Berry:

imageScarah510:
    Ok first thing I want to say is that if people don't want to give someone advice on this forum then after u read it...move on.I understand that people jump on here whenever they experience something weird.I am a total newbie and I am going through this mostly alone.my husband works out of town during the week most of the time and my family doesn't know I'm pg and I won't tell them until my first trimester is over.so I have come on here to make sure what I'm going through is normal or take advice if someone else is or has gone through it.I would rather get advice here about my pregnancy than looking on google.some people don't want to bother their doctor with ever little symptom or haven't had their first appointment yet! Now to answer the woman who posted this in the first place...I got really dizzy the first 3 days after my positive test.and after asking people on this forum I realized that my iron was too low.also I used to get really bad dizzy spells if my blood sugar was off.even if I was full.just try to make sure u are eating a balanced meal and it should help.if not then u need to contact a Dr.don't hesitate to ask people questions on here...I often scan the forum to see that I'm not alone.and other people's posts have helped me a lot.

If you want people to read your posts, try sentence structure and paragraphs. I'm not going to give myself a migraine because you don't use capitalization and punctuation. 

Soooo then why did you read it? Maybe she was posting from her phone. Give it a rest already, you never seem to have anything nice to say cranky pants.

I'm sorry, who are you? 

Oh please, you want a biography? What kind of question is that. Ridiculous. 

• Options

imageold_time_girl:

Whoa, easy killer. I gave you some possibilities of what it could be. Isn't that what you were looking for? I've never been called a c.nt before! Yay! Where do i get my badge?

YWIA.

• Options
    Yes I was posting from my phone. Thank you very much for sticking up for me.this thread has just turned into people bashing and yelling at each other.we are all hormonal and moody...so let's just move on
  • Options

imageScarah510:
    Yes I was posting from my phone. Thank you very much for sticking up for me.this thread has just turned into people bashing and yelling at each other.we are all hormonal and moody...so let's just move on

I just had to say that "hormones" are a lame excuse for behavior. I am always this honest, not just when I'm pregnant. 

• Options
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imageMrsNorry:

imageScarah510:

I just had to say that "hormones" are a lame excuse for behavior. I am always this honest, not just when I'm pregnant. 

This.  

Also, I bump from my iphone all the time and I still manage to use capitals and punctuation.   

No one is knocking honesty MrsNorry, just have a little class along with it. Acting as though you're better then everyone else as Bliss seems to do is unnecessary. Most people here have good intentions when they post and being bashed for not using a few capital letters is absurd. Use your nasty-grams for things that are actually worth it. If you don't like the way someone types then don't read their posts. Assuming someone needs to change they way they do things for you isn't honesty, it's entitlement. As is asking someone who they are. 

• Options
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imageSydney0130:

No one is knocking honesty MrsNorry, just have a little class along with it. Acting as though you're better then everyone else as Bliss seems to do is unnecessary. Most people here have good intentions when they post and being bashed for not using a few capital letters is absurd. Use your nasty-grams for things that are actually worth it. If you don't like the way someone types then don't read their posts. Assuming someone needs to change they way they do things for you isn't honesty, it's entitlement. As is asking someone who they are. 

First and foremost, I don't think I'm better than anyone here.  However, reading a wall of text with no punctuation or sentence structure is annoying and difficult to comprehend. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person here who thinks so (or even says so).  If you (the general you) expect people to read your posts, you should be courteous enough to make them legible.

Also, calling someone names while telling them to be nice is hypocritical.  

There was no name calling WHAT SO EVER in my post but if you took it that way I apologize. Enjoy your day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"