September 2012 Moms

How much are you swaddling?

LO is 4 weeks today and has decided to start cluster feeding during the day. We are thinking of swaddling him more often, or for longer periods, to see if it helps

For the record, he's not a fussy baby at all. He eats, falls asleep, then is up 10 minutes later to eat again, falls asleep rinse and repeat Its just hard to get anything done like peeing! while he's doing this.

Suggestions?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How much are you swaddling?

• We're kinda going through the same thing. In pumping and having DH help so I can grab a shower, pee, eat, etc. Its a lot of work but from what I understand won't last forever. I suggest recording a lot of tv shows to help pass the time.
    photo photo_zps4ea6bdf2.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We just swaddle at night with a Swaddle Me. She is in a sleeper and free to move around the rest of the day. She will break out of a blanket swaddle easily.
    Met DH - Aug 2001 :: Married - Jan 2010 :: DD born - Sept 2012

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • I swaddle arms out with an aa blanket during the day. I use a more secure swaddle at night like the woombie or swaddleme.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• imageShazzie116:
    We just swaddle at night with a Swaddle Me. She is in a sleeper and free to move around the rest of the day. She will break out of a blanket swaddle easily.

This for us as well, she has no issue falling asleep during the day so we only swaddle at night.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Her "schedule" during the day is generally up and alert/BFing for 90ish minutes, then swaddle and rock to sleep and hopefully sleep for about two hours. Sometimes we have to rerock to sleep during that two hour stretch as she wakes herself up, but isn't ready to be awake and with a little effort and patience she is asleep and finishes out the nap. She is 3 weeks and some days, and has been like this more or less since she was born. At night she was doing the same, without the awake periods being so long, just long enough to BF and be rocked back to sleep. And as of the past few days those night sleep periods have lengthened a considerable amount.

We use a miracle blanket for all swaddling. We love it! But now that she is more active during her day time sleeping we're pulling her arms out if she wakes her self up as that generally seems to be why she wakes her self up. That or a burp. At night they are tucked in tight. 

Adiah Catherine ~ September 6, 2012

• I have to swaddle one of my boys almost all the time. He fights sleeping so much he will keep waking himself up nonstop if we don't but hes like that only during the day at night hes not swaddled. And it's the opposite with the other. With Braidon if he ends up getting swaddled during the day it's because he got chilly and that's how he likes to be warmed back up. 
  • We don't swaddle. DD abso-friggin-lutely hates it.
  • This
  • We only swaddle at night, and use a Woombie. The first two nights we used it, she had 3 and 4 hour stretches of sleep - I swear by it.
    Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD2 is swaddled for all naps and bedtime, so about 18 hours total per 24 hours.

I absolutely am pro swaddling. We swaddle till 5-6 months.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • LO enjoyed being swaddled for a total of 6 days. After that,  it was a nightmare.  We tried swaddling with blankets and wraps.  She just hates them.  She's a very busy baby.  Far too busy to be swaddled apparently.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"