Nurseries and Baby Gear

Ergobaby Infant Insert?

I've found a used Ergobaby carrier on Craiglist.  Regular $115, they are selling for $50!  I'm going to pick it up tomorrow!  I'm so excited!  However they don't have the infant insert. 

Ergo's website says:  The Ergobaby Infant Insert is required for babies ranging from 7 to 12 lbs or newborns to 4-5 months.

However DD is almost 8 weeks and is 11.5 lbs (she was weighed on Thursday).  I'm just curious if I need the infant insert.  Plus Ergo's website is kind of confusing???  7-12 lbs is ALOT differant then 4-5 months.  So which is it???

TIA!

My Journey to Motherhood
Me 36, DH 42
7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
TTC Since January 2009
Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Girl # 2
TTC Since June 2013
Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
EDD 10/15/16
At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Ergobaby Infant Insert?

• I boUght, and hated, the infant insert. I never wound up using it and just waited until DS was safe in the Ergo without it. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You're very close to not needing the insert, don't buy it. L hated the insert. It's so cumbersome. Good deal on the ergo!!

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • I got an Ergo this time around and asked this question on The Bump. I didn't really want to buy the insert because it seemed like you wouldn't use it for long. Most people said it was totally not needed and that rolling up a blanket under baby's bottom works just as well. Plus they said it was pretty thick and hot.

• I'm listening to the "4-5" month thing when they can start holding up their own head. I asked the AP store owners at the place I bought the Ergo, they said 4-5 months.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Depends on your baby - mine has been holding his head up for a really long time now.  We've used the Ergo w/o an infant insert since he was about 5 weeks old.  Early on, we sould stick a blanket under his bum to help him sit up higher, and he never had any issues with head control, so it worked for us.  One of the gals in my mommy group has the infant insert, and having seen it now, it's not something I would use.  It's hot on the baby!  Wouldn't work for me as it's been so hot here all summer long, and we like to put baby in the Ergo and go for walks.
  • Also, I took a babywearing class at my local Cloth Diapering store, and she said the same thing - they can't recommend to use receiving blankets, but it's what she (the instructor) and the other moms who work there have done/would do instead of the infant insert.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"