Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

he screams all day!!

I dont know exactly what is wrong with my 20 month year old son, he screams and cries constantly usually after he wakes up in morning and naps. We try to ask him whats wrong and he just keeps crying up to an hour. I am soo stressed out. Any tips or suggestions? I dont remember my 3 year old doing this at that age. He is also very contrary, he wants milk, i give it to him, he hits it out of my hand says no, then i leave it on ground and walk away and he screams for milk...this cycle will happen over and over

Re: he screams all day!!

• Is he cutting canines or 2 year molars?  Is he overtired?

Both of the above result in meltdowns like this in our house, but DS has been done teething since July so now hunger or being tired contribute.

• Sounds like he has a hard time transitioning from sleep to wake.  What sorts of things do you do to help ease the transition?  With DD, who does this (though more with naps than morning), we leave the room when she's ready, we hide her eyes if the room we're going to is sunny (slowly transition from dark to light rather than suddenly turning on a light switch), we do quiet stuff (I even let her watch TV at this time), we snuggle, she nurses, and generally I just give her a lot of patience.  If I fight it, it's meltdown time...
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"