Stay at Home Moms

Need some new places to shop!

I'm getting desperate for clothes, y'all. My shape has changed so much! I'm 20 pounds from my pre-baby weight (I know, I'm a ridiculous slowpoke) and I just need a few things to get me through the fall while I'm working on losing the rest of the weight. I've looked in all my usual places - Old Navy, Target, H&M - and nothing's really ringing my bell. Suggestions for other places to check? I'm not looking to spend a fortune!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need some new places to shop!

• Im obsessed with francescas collection. There's one in my mall, but they are online too. Kinda like anthropologie and free people but way cheaper.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lulus, tjmaxx, any consignment shops, tobi, or you could just wing it. Sometimes if I am just trying to find new places to shop I just..go. I have found some interesting shops that way.

And I second that francesca place. Just checked it out..they have some really cute stuff! 

• Loading the player...
  • I'm a big Kohl's fan, I can almost always find something that I like when I shop there.  It's been my go-to for post-pregnancy clothes. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Ann Taylor Loft, Limited, New York & Co.  Sign up for emails and they send you coupons and let you know about sales.  

• imageturbosgirl:
    Im obsessed with francescas collection. There's one in my mall, but they are online too. Kinda like anthropologie and free people but way cheaper.

I've walked past that place several times but thought it was just accessories. I'm interested to check it out now.

• I don't think you are slow at loosing the weight.  At that age of your baby I still had that much to loose.  There is an upscale consignment shop near me, called Ditto.  Found some awesome stuff there that I just have not seen anywhere else probably because I don't spend tons on clothes.  Also, I love Maurices.  I  didn't buy much clothes until the last few months.  I would always get depressed how much fat I still had on me.  Now I'm crazy for clothes again and need to just step away from the mall:)

I also went into H&M yesterday and didn't see a dang thing I liked.  Lots of cheap clothes and everything was on sale.  Not impressed at all 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • that consignment shop has free people and anthropology as well, I'm just not sure if it's a chain where you are
  • CJ Banks, JCP, Sears, Kohls..  Keep an open mind and just stop in someplace new and try on some things.  Toss out what you used to think looked good on you because with the body shape change it's like starting over. 

At least you can still find things to try!  I haven't been able to lose any of the PG weight and have had to resort to men's clothes because fitting my what still looks like 9mo PG body (need to go get my belly stitched back together before this will change), is nearly impossible...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really like JC Penney's, especially since they've revamped things in the past year. I think their selection targets my age really well. (Early 30's.) Some stores I find they're either too young for me or too matronly. With that said, I always like to rummage through Ross/Marshalls/TJ Maxx. Sometimes I can find some great, inexpensive pieces there. 
  • I'm a fan of The Gap! Just had to go buy some post baby jeans from there unfortunately but they have some cute stuff and if you sign up for emails they send a lot of coupons.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"