July 2012 Moms
Options

LOL just got told by a five year old

Maia has been going through a growth spurt and she's on the breast one second, sleeping fitfully on me on the couch the next...  And the whole house has had to sort of chill out as a result.  Jack (DS) has had to start wearing headphones when he watches netflix on the iPad when he's out in the livingroom with us and he needs to be quiet.  We made everywhere but his room the "quiet space" when the baby is around and trying to sleep.  If he wants to be loud and crazy he can go to his space.  He's been fine with it.

Well, just now we got the baby to go to sleep in her crib and stay asleep (whee!!) And DS said "YAY!" at Curious George kinda loud and we were like. "SHHHHH!!!" out of reflex.  He took off his headphones, looked around, and said, "Why?  Maia's not in here..."

I stopped...said: "Um....you're right...go on, sorry about that.  But if the baby comes back out here you know to be quiet, right?" and he was all, "I know." in kind of a "duh mom, I know the rules" way and put the headphones back on.

Good kid.  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: LOL just got told by a five year old

• Options
    We're practicing the whole "don't be quiet when baby is sleeping" I can't imagine having to whisper and tiptoe while she sleeps for every nap. I vacuum while she sleeps. Granted she wakes up sometimes if we're too loud and that sucks. I bet yours is better at napping than mine though
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagelilahbean13:
    We're practicing the whole "don't be quiet when baby is sleeping" I can't imagine having to whisper and tiptoe while she sleeps for every nap. I vacuum while she sleeps. Granted she wakes up sometimes if we're too loud and that sucks. I bet yours is better at napping than mine though

Oh, the past few weeks aren't really the norm.  It's just while she's been going through this spurt that it's been an issue.  If there's any noise she will wake up and then get way overtired and freaking out.  Usually, we would go about our day as usual around her.  Yelling at the tv is still a "not when the baby is asleep" thing just because it's so sudden and loud it makes her do the moro reflex thing and wake up crying. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yea, my husband has the most dramatic sneezes all the time. Loud sudden noises will you get you in trouble around here lol he gets the glare at least twice a day.
    I'm dreading the 12 week growth spurt I hear about
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Your DS sounds too cute!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"