Cloth Diapering

Homemade CD detergent

I've been thinking about making my own detergent for awhile now... I was going to use this recipe that I found on a website. It states that it is CD safe.

3 Boxes Arm & Hammer Washing Soda (55 oz each)
2 Boxes 20 Mule Team Borax (76 oz each)
1 Large Tub OxiClean (96 oz)

The only thing is, I was researching "Washing Soda" and it seems to be caustic. Some sites state that it is CD safe and some say absolutely not! Some say it is safe to use on baby and some say it is not! Now, I am torn because I was going to make this to save money but I am unsure if its safe for my CD's and my baby's butt. Thoughts ladies???

What should I do? Is there another homemade detergent recipe that I can try?

Re: Homemade CD detergent

• This is the recipe we use and have used for 6 months now with no problems for baby's skin and no issues with my diapers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagetwocents6708:
    This is the recipe we use and have used for 6 months now with no problems for baby's skin and no issues with my diapers.

good to know! thank you.

• Loading the player...
  • I used that recipe for over a year without any problems (FWIW our stash is predominately BG 3.0s).  It worked really well for us before DS hit toddlerhood!

ETA: I've honestly never heard any problems about the washing soda, but I've also heard mixed things about OxyClean and Borax.  Obviously it depends on where you look, but I know plenty of people use this recipe without issue so :shrug: 

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"