1st Trimester
Options

Symptoms and so many questions...

Ok. My hubby and I have been, well not trying, but not preventing either for about 3-4 months.

A few days ago I had an xray of my knee and I also took a dose of Nyquil because I've been a bit under the weather. This has been a pretty nuts week, needless to say. My periods have always been a little wacky so I thought nothing of it-- being a little hormonal and having the sore boobs. I just assumed it was all PMS. 

I got a wild hair yesterday and decided to take an hpt and got a perfectly clear double pink line within like the first five seconds (and 2 more positives later in the day :) ). I am kinda freaking out now because of the nyquil and the X-ray.

I read the FDA website about XRays and the general word is that it should be ok. The nyquil consensus on the net so far is that the one dose won't make or break it. I'm just a little worried about my little bean now. Anyone with any info or input??

Also, TMI but I've been burping like crazy...symptom or no??

Thanks!! 

Re: Symptoms and so many questions...

• Options

Well, if even the internet says you're fine, I doubt we're going to tell you any different!  =)  This early on, I wouldn't worry about it. Also, congratulations!!

I tend to get gassy during pregnancy and that means burping too. So it certainly could be a symptom.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

If you are really early, I would not worry about it.  Plenty of women get pregnant accidentally and continue with their normal lifestyles (drinking, smoking, etc.) until they find out and have perfectly normal, well-developed babies.

Congratulations!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldn't stress. If you're early it should be fine. I had 2 x-rays done and smoked through the first 4 weeks of my pregnancy because I didn't know I was pregnant. And my son came out perfectly healthy(although the smoking part still  makes me feel a little sad). You'll be fine, don't stress. GL!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had H1N1 flu, X-rays, and all kinds of meds before I knew I was pregnant with DD1, now she's a perfectly healthy 2 year old.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks guys -- you're making me feel a lot better about the whole thing. I was so excited yesterday and then I had a mini panic attack thinking about all that stuff.

It is still really early, so hopefully from here on in it'll be a happy and healthy 9mo. 

• Options
    I wouldn't worry either, I had a mini reunion and my birthday when I found out ...needless to sat I regreted all the rum I drank..LOL.
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"