May 2012 Moms
Options

WWYD ear infection/cough

Hello May mommas!  I have been MIA for awhile.  Work has been nuts and the last thing I want to do is stare at another computer screen when I get home.  I am trying to catch up.  :) 

DD had an ear infection a couple of weeks ago--her meds just ran out last Sunday.  She got thrush from the meds.  She had no symptoms of the infection--she was a little bit fussy but not bad, no fever, no tugging on her ears...she had a gasping cough so I took her in on the weekend and they said ear infection.  So here we are the meds are done and she has a little bit of a runny nose and a loose cough.  I am thinking maybe she just has a little cold--again no fever this time just a little runny nose and cough when she is laying flat a lot.  Would you take her back in?  She is still happy etc. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
My /Chart; BFP 3/8/11 CP 3/16/11; 7/11 HSG & S/A both clear;
Cycle 12~ 50 mg Clomid=BFP 9/9/11, Beta #1=280 & Beta #2=1513, 6w3d hb=122 bpm/ 8w2d hb=186 bpm/12w2d could not hear hb had a 3rd u/s and got to see the hb. 16w2d heard the hb! 156 bpm. A/S 1/3=girl
<a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D

Re: WWYD ear infection/cough

• Options
    the exact same thing happened to us. DS had an ear infection at 12 weeks, 2 weeks later they checked him out, no ear infection, yet 5 weeks later he still has a cough and stuffy nose. I haven't taken him back.  I have his 4 month appt Monday so i'll be asking about the constant cold and make sure no ear infection. 
  • Options
    If she's still acting happy and doesn't have a fever I wouldn't take her in, but that's just me.  Hope she feels better soon. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback!  My instinct was to let it run its course.  She has plenty of wet diapers and is eating fine.  I am guessing she just picked up a little cold.  Thanks!
    My /Chart; BFP 3/8/11 CP 3/16/11; 7/11 HSG & S/A both clear;
    Cycle 12~ 50 mg Clomid=BFP 9/9/11, Beta #1=280 & Beta #2=1513, 6w3d hb=122 bpm/ 8w2d hb=186 bpm/12w2d could not hear hb had a 3rd u/s and got to see the hb. 16w2d heard the hb! 156 bpm. A/S 1/3=girl
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • Options
    imagezoeygirl1105:
    imageNatPhoto09:
    the exact same thing happened to us. DS had an ear infection at 12 weeks, 2 weeks later they checked him out, no ear infection, yet 5 weeks later he still has a cough and stuffy nose. I haven't taken him back. nbsp;I have his 4 month appt Monday so i'll be asking about the constant cold and make sure no ear infection.nbsp;
    is he teething?
    nope not teething just really congested.
  • Options
    I would maybe wait a bit, but bring her back in if it doesn't get better.  My LO has a slight ear infection and ran no fever with it.  She had a cold that just didn't go away so I brought her in and sure enough her ears "looked iffy". 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"