2nd Trimester

Stretch mark/tummy moisturizers?

I'm remembering a lot of itchy belly from my decade-ago pregnancies, but can't remember what worked for me. Any suggestions? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Stretch mark/tummy moisturizers?

• The Body Shop Body Butter is working well for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I've used the Body Shop butter as suggested above and really liked it. I also use a big ol' tub of shea butter. A little goes a long way!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • I love Palmers cocoa butter oil. I used the lotion all through my others pregnancies then found the oil while breast feeding. It works great!
  • It's pricey, but I use Mary Kay Visibly Fit lotion. It's kept me stretch mark and itch-free through weight-gain and -loss, as well as my previous pregnancy. It's also minimizing my scars from having my gallbladder removed when DS was 7 weeks old. Palmer's did nothing for me, except make me smell like a coconut.
  • I HATE the smell of coca butter.  Not a fan of any of the lotions mentioned above.  I really like Bio Oil or Vitamin E oil.  It takes a little longer to soak into your skin but it lasts alot longer on your skin.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014
  • Medella stretchmark cream worked great for me.  Took the itch away which was the main reason I used it and I didn't get any stretchies the first time around which I realize most likely has zero to do with it, but I'll use the same cream just incase ;)
  • My sister has has 4 kids and she told me that apircote kernel oil works the best. I got mine at a health food dote and I love it. 
  • Thanks everyone, great products to research. Maybe the vit e at night and the body shop in the morning...
    Thanks again!
  • I'd just get any moisturizer that doesn't have parabens, etc.  I have a nice Burt's Bees moisturizer that does the trick!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I HIGHLY recommend this Mama Mio Tummy Rub, it smells amazing and has great reviews and has even won awards. Totally great rub. 

https://www.amazon.com/Mama-Mio-Stretch-Butter-stretch/dp/B000OZI8HS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349099335&sr=8-1&keywords=mama+mio+tummy+rub 

Pregnancy Ticker Owner & Creator of www.GreatestKidsGames.com
  • I really like palmers.. Both the butter and lotion and my DH loves rubbing it on and talking to our little one. No stretch marks yet and no itchiness either.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Rubbing things on the outer layer of your skin will do nothing to prevent stretch marks. They are the result of the innermost layer of skin tearing due to poor elasticity. Stretch marks come from the inside out. The BEST way to "prevent" them is to drink A LOT of water. They are genetic, so if you are predisposed to getting them, your out of luck. 
    Lost but never forgotten <3 : </br> 1st BFP 2/8/06 m/c @ 12 weeks; 2nd BFP 2/9/07 w/ Clomid; DD (Monica Caroline) born 11/16/07; 3rd BFP 3/25/11 w/ injections m/c @ 5 weeks; 4th BFP 8/3/11 w/ injections diagnosed blighted ovum; 5th BFP 1/20/12 m/c @ 9 weeks; 6th BFP 4/27/12 Praying for our rainbow Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"