2nd Trimester

recliner vs. glider/ottoman

Did you decide on a recliner or glider/ottoman combo for the nursery? And why?

I like that recliners take up less room, but I don't like that they don't rock when your feet are up...

What do you think?

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: recliner vs. glider/ottoman

• I am getting an upholstered glider - and just buying a wooden nursing stool from BRU which is $35 or so. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We went with a glider/ottomon combo.  It was soooo comfortable.  I think you just have to sit in a bunch and pick what you find most comfortable.  Ours is this one (but we definately didn't pay that much!):

The Rockabye Glider Square Back Glider

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005RCL4LU/ref=asc_df_B005RCL4LU2203971?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B005RCL4LU&hvpos=1o3&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11139313251572953985&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I will add, though, that DS loved being rocked. We only recently stopped rocking him at bed time- he'd pick a book, climb up, and want me to read and rock while he settled down. 
  • We always had a glider. DD loved being rocked to sleep, and it was comfy enough I often fell asleep in it. Also, it was easy to clean if spit up got on it. I found it much easier for feeding then regular chairs or recliners because it was a bit more narrow so I didn't need pillows all over propping up baby, etc.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I never used it for DD and I won't get one for this baby. I find it a waste of money.
  • I thought I HAD to have a glider/ottoman with DD and used it maybe a handful of times.  It just wasn't very comfortable so I would just nurse her on the couch and DD was never really soothed by rocking.  This time around I'm hoping to buy a recliner that is more comfortable.  One of the things I learned (the hard way) is to find one with a high enough back that you can rest your head back on while nursing.  I found several times that I would be nursing at whatever indecent hour and would just lean my head back and fall asleep.  So find something that you can realistically fall asleep sitting up in-that's one thing I was never told that I will definitely change this time!  
  • We got the glider/ottoman combo.  I think it's easier to put your feet up on an ottoman that glides when you are putting a sleeping baby in their crib :)  The motion of the recliner might make it difficult to do this without disruption. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"