November 2012 Moms

Baby Monitors

Oh, joy. My first shower was last weekend and I got my baby monitor, by AngelCare. I am very happy with all of its functions, it is exactly what I wanted, but..

Installation instructions, wtf? First off, there is a movement sensor and a parent unit (think the usual sound monitor part you carry around to hear baby). Both take 4 batteries, but for some reason they only include 4. Teaser much? Why even put any batteries if you're only going to include half? THEN, once you get down to installing the movement pad, it throws you a curveball.

"You will need a piece of plywood to put under the movement pad so it can function properly.."

Why don't they mention this on the outside of the box? You know, so you know you need to go find a piece of plywood before you can set this sucker up. I feel like the AngelCare company is having a good laugh over this somewhere.

Are baby monitors usually this complicated or did the brand I pick just bump up the ridiculousness to an astronomical level?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby Monitors

• You picked the speshul one.  But it's a great monitor.  After you cut down a tree to finish installation, you'll be really happy with it.

• imageCandaceLeigh:
    You picked the speshul one.  But it's a great monitor.  After you cut down a tree to finish installation, you'll be really happy with it.

Yes

LMAO

• Loading the player...
  • Wow, that is crazy!  We have a Motorola one with two video monitors and installation was pretty simple... or I'm assuming since DH did it all.  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We were looking to get this same baby moniter! Thanks for the heads up! Now I can send SO on a mission to find some plywood!
  • I luckily had a random piece of plywood hanging out in the garage, but I might have flipped my sh*t if I had to the store just for that. Glad I could help though, ladybugsmum.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"