Multiples

mini van recommendation

its time to get a mini van with twins on the way and a toddler.  We have looked at the Sienna, Odessey and Nissan Quest.  Does anyone have the Nissan Quest?  We like the Quest, but it only has two seats in the second row.  Does anyone put newborns and a toddler all in a row in the minivans that have 3 seats in the second row? 

Re: mini van recommendation

• My Quest is a '95 LOL it is FANTASTIC and runs fabulously for an automatic dinosaur... but if you're buying a new vehicle, I would beg you to allow me to live vicariously through you and get the Odyssey. MUCH better MPG, and Hondas are just as reliable as Nissans, in my experience. Toyota is good, but not on par with Honda or Nissan IMO. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Just bought the 2012 Honda Oddessy- with the DVD, sunroof, leather, etc- As much as I didn't want a van, I love it. Gets the same gas milage as my CR-V and the sliding doors have already been a lifesaver with my 3 year old.

When we bring the twins home, I plan on three across the middle row to start with, but the possibilities are endless.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We just bought a new quest in July. We test drove all 3 vans you're looking at, but ultimately decided we liked the looked of the Quest more than the others. I'm extremely pleased with it so far! Our twins aren't here yet so I haven't settled on which way I'll have all 3 kids in the car, but I know we'll figure it out. Anyway, you can let me know if you have any more specific questions about it. The Honda does get better MPG, but not so much so that we felt like it wouldn't make sense to get the Quest. That being said, I'm a SAHM and don't really need to travel outside of my town all that often so we don't feel like we're spending tons of money on gas. I fill up once a week (sometimes not even). 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If it was legal to marry a car I might have to divorce my DH and wed my beloved Honda Odyssey.   It is that amazing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We just got a 2012 Odyssey this weekend because we will be rockin' 3 car seats pretty soon.  I am so in love.  We looked at the Toyota also because those are the top two rated minivans from what we have read and they are pretty equal.  I just decided that I liked the styling of the Odyssey better.  I'm not sure why anyone resists getting one.  They are sooo convenient! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We have a '12 Odyssey and all three in the 2nd row.  We love it.  Adore it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If all 3 in 2nd row can you push third row down?

imageimage 

6/20/11 mc @ 5wks
    10/19/11 mc @ 17wks- Trisomy 18
    IUI #1 4/26/12 BFN
    Moving on to IVF in July
    37 with DOR...fabulous
    ER 7/14/12 6R 5F, ET 7/17 3 embies, beta #1 7/26: 147, beta #2 7/28: 326, beta#3 7/30: 422...ugh, beta#4 7/31: 607...hopeful, beta #5 8/2: 1280, beta #6 8/7: 7184 and u/s shows 1 possibly 2 sacs! 8/14 2 beautiful heartbeats! 9/24 we are TEAM BLUE!!!!!

• imagemrsjami:
    If all 3 in 2nd row can you push third row down?

Yep. :)  It's pretty awesome.  We have the 2012 Odyssey and I love, love, love it.  We got it loaded which helped me get over the whole "I DON'T WANNA DRIVE A MINIVAN!!!!" :) 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We've been wrestling with the same thing, and I think we will wind up witht eh Sienna since it has AWD and the Odyssey doesn't.  I live in New England and my driveway is a big hill, so AWD is necessary.
  • we have the 2011 Chrysler Town and Country with the Stow N' Go seats

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it .. STORAGE galore it had more storage in comparison to the Odyssey ad the sienna... 

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • imagepooman:
    If it was legal to marry a car I might have to divorce my DH and wed my beloved Honda Odyssey.   It is that amazing.

This. It's a living room on wheels. And it has a cooler.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We bought the Honda Odessy 2012 because we have three kids under two (16 months and 2 newborn).  I love it.  Its got everything I wanted and needed.  The only thing it does not have that might be a draw back is All wheel drive.  
  • I also have an odyssey and love it! I plan to drive it into the ground.
    Diagnosis: DOR and MFI-low everything IVF #1 = triplets! 2 girls and a boy! Born Sept 29, 2011 at 32w6d due to Pre-e and HELLP syndrome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"