January 2013 Moms
Options

shopping left me feeling disgusting.

i have a wedding to go to tomorrow and dont have any dresses that fit me anymore i have been procrastinating for weeks to go shopping for one. me and fi went to the mall today looking for a babydoll style dresses and either they dont fit or they look frumpy. i am naturally the size of a 12 or 13 year old with a new little ball of belly so nothing fits! normal clothes are too tight, maternity clothes swallow me. i left the mall in tears and came home for a much needed nap. dress shopping part 2 continues soon. wish me luck!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: shopping left me feeling disgusting.

• Options
    *hugs* that would be so frustrating!  I hope you find something!  What about a maxi dress in a stretchy knit?
  • Options

I'm so sorry dear. I'm so happy that we don't have any weddings or formal events to attend between now and baby because I would be the same way. Keep your head up and I'm sure no matter what you wear, DH will think you look amazing!

Maybe try for a skirt and top combo instead of a dress. Might fit your new body a little better. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Stretchy dresses/skirts are definitely your friend! I'm in a similar spot where a lot of my nicer/more fitted dresses are too tight but maternity dresses just look too shapeless. Most recently I bought a skirt at H&M that I can pull up over my bump and it looks really cute.
  • Options
    I agree with pp's, a stretchy jersey knit, specifically a wrap style dress would be perfect. I have one I bought at Target to wear to a wedding when I was pregnant with DS1, and just wore it again a couple of weeks ago for another wedding. They're very comfortable too! :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Target maternity! It's helped me many times. They have some really cute dresses right now, and there are always small sizes! Good luck

• Options
    finally found one!! went to target! best idea ever! thanks girls. it is so cute (&cheetah print which makes it extra cute) that i can wear it when im not pregnant too. & clearance price of 12.99 doesn't hurt either :) 
  • Options

imageKyleedawn08:
    finally found one!! went to target! best idea ever! thanks girls. it is so cute (&cheetah print which makes it extra cute) that i can wear it when im not pregnant too. & clearance price of 12.99 doesn't hurt either :) 

YAY! 

• Options

Target.

they have some super cute maternaty cloths in a WIDE variety of sizes, XS to XXL

im sorry you had such a frusturating trip though i know it definatly is a bummer. good luck on finding one though!

I said, "Oh my, what a marvelous tune" It was the best night, never would forget how we moved. The whole place was dressed to the nines, And we were dancing, dancing Like we're made of starlight Like we're made of starlight. ~TS AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    Aww good luck I hope you find something!
    I honestly go through this every time I dress shop, even before pg. I always have something specific in mind that I picture looking a certain way and I get royally peeved when I can't find it.  I've already started looking around for New Year's dresses and everything this year so far is tight!!  I will have to wait and see what comes in at local maternity places I guess.
  • Options
    i'm sorry! Have you tried some online shopping? You cant try it on but you get a lot more options. Good Luck! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"