February 2012 Moms
Options

Tummy trouble

My kid is a side sleeper, but I think she will ultimately be a tummy sleeper like her dad. The problem is that from Day 1 she has HATED being on her tummy. That makes the way she sleeps a real challenge. She will roll onto her tummy, realize where she is, then freak the fck out. Half the time she is inconsolable, and a binky just doesn't cut it so we have to rock and sometimes start a fresh bottle. This will happen 2 or 3 times a night.
I swear, if she would just be chill on her tummy, she would probably sleep the entire night through. It's so frustrating. Any thoughts?

Re: Tummy trouble

• Options
    Ethan was like that for a while. I eventually just started laying him down on his tummy when he was sleepy and letting him cio. It took a few days, but now he sleeps on his tummy all the time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We used to have that problem. Now, J wakes up when he rolls onto his tummy, flips a sh!t for about 30 seconds, then goes back to sleep. 

I like to imagine he's saying, "I'm on my tummy, I'm on my tummy!......oh wait, that's right, I can sleep on my tummy.....zzzzzzz."

So maybe it's just a phase they have to go through?

Fingers crossed that it goes by quickly for you. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with PPs, I think it's just a phase and eventually they will learn to sleep on their tummies!  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    It took DS a few nights to figure it out as well.  For the first little while, I went in to "rescue" him every time he freaked out.  Then, I stopped doing it because it was rather pointless and l let him figure out that he could indeed sleep on his front.  Now, he's a side/tummy sleeper 95% of the time. :)
    Feb'12 March Siggy Challenge - Lucky Charm
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #3 - 05.20.11, EDD - 01.31.12, Logan is here! 02.05.12
    BFP #2 - 03.16.11, M/C 03.24.11
    BFP #1 - 10.17.10, Blighted Ovum dx, M/C 01.09.11
  • Options
    I'm on the opposite side... My son sleeps on his tummy and will fuss if he rolls onto his back! Not too sure there is anything to do about it except to let them get used to it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Can your baby not just roll to back or side? Mine rolls like crazy and is a tummy sleeper.
  • Options
    imagejustadogmommy:
    Can your baby not just roll to back or side?

I've seen her do it a couple times, but I don't think she realizes that it's possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"