June 2012 Moms

Crying in Target!

Has anyone read the book Love You Forever? Well, today my Mom and I were at Target and we were looking at books for LO and came across that book. She said she use to read it to me when I was little. So she starts telling me about it how the Mom takes care of her son as a baby, then teenager etc. Then the very last page the baby is a grown man holding his elderly Mom. We both start bawling in the middle of Target over a book! Lol. I never knew how much my Mom loved me until I had DD, and how I hope Harper knows how much I love her! Ok crying again! Sorry this is dumb and sappy but I wanted to share that sweet moment today!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Crying in Target!

• Awes :hugs: I had that aha Love moment after ds was born as it helped me to realize how muchGod loves me and that He gave up His only son for me (and you too). :) glad you had such a great moment w your mom!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yes, i have that book. its great!! "love u forever, like u for always, as long as im living, my baby you'll be" :')

• Loading the player...
  • This was the first book I bought LO when I found out I was expecting. I would read, " I love you Forever." to my belly while pregnant and imagined how it would be reading it to LO when he was born. I have yet to finish the book without crying. I still cry when i read it to LO...I can relate 100%! Not sappy at all.
  • hehe, that's funny! and super sweet! :)
  • imagedrbethc:
    This was the first book I bought LO when I found out I was expecting. I would read, " I love you Forever." to my belly while pregnant and imagined how it would be reading it to LO when he was born. I have yet to finish the book without crying. I still cry when i read it to LO...I can relate 100! Not sappy at all.

It's funny how emotional being a mommy is! I read "Oh the Places You'll Go in Utero" to LO while I was pregnant and could not finish it without crying...I read it to her every now and then now that she's born and I STILL get teary eyed.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I can't get through "the night you were born" without crying... DS probably thinks I am crazy!  
  • I was given the book for a shower gift and I had never read it before.  I can't read it- I start bawling every time.  But I started singing the song to LO during bedtime every night.  Luckily I don't cry while I sing it.  Maybe now that I can sing the song without crying, I'll be able to read it without crying?
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That book makes me cry also.  I am way more emotional now thinking about how much I love her.
  • Oh and when I read the title of your post, I thought you were going to say your baby was crying in Target! :)
  • imageBR:
    Oh and when I read the title of your post, I thought you were going to say your baby was crying in Target! :

Lol! She knew Mom and Grandma were being the babies so she was the big girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Aw, that's a sweet book! I cried when I read Guess How Much I Love You to my belly in the store before DS was even born, so at least you had a baby with you!

I remember doing research on this book for a childrens' lit class I took, and to make you cry even more, the author (Robert Munsch) wrote the book after he and his wife had suffered a few miscarriages. It was kind of his memorial to their unborn babies. That stuck with me since you'd expect it to be inspired by the birth of a child, not the loss of one.

PS. He has written tons of other books, all hilarious and great read-aloud stories. We had a huge shelf of his books growing up and I am starting a big collection for DS! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • I got it as a shower present and was reading it while my friends were cleaning up. (They would not let me help.) Yeah, I started bawling at my shower....lol.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"