Multiples

2 sets of multiples?

Just wondering if anyone on the board has 2 sets of twins or multiples?

We are two moms- so the possibility is high for this to happen but I was just wondering if  anyone on here has 2 sets of multiples and if so How is it ?

Thanks,

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/

Re: 2 sets of multiples?

• I believe there is a mom who has twins + triplets but I'm horrible with remembering names. 
  • imagemummyofsix:

The worst part is the comments. Twin comments are bad. Triplet comments are bad. Having twins and triplets just blows peoples minds. Ha.  

Wow. I never even thought of that, but I can imagine you hear all kinds of crazy comments. You should keep a log of them just for fun!

OP, I remember there being someone else who had 2 sets of twins being on this board. But that was a few months ago (and I too am terrible with screen names). But, there are people with multiple multiples out there for sure.

If you do end up with multiples again at least you're already experts!  The next set would be a breeze  ; )

Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Loading the player...
  • imagehayleydeee:
    imagemummyofsix:

The worst part is the comments. Twin comments are bad. Triplet comments are bad. Having twins and triplets just blows peoples minds. Ha.  

Wow. I never even thought of that, but I can imagine you hear all kinds of crazy comments. You should keep a log of them just for fun!

OP, I remember there being someone else who had 2 sets of twins being on this board. But that was a few months ago (and I too am terrible with screen names). But, there are people with multiple multiples out there for sure.

If you do end up with multiples again at least you're already experts!  The next set would be a breeze  ; )

i have to say our first set is a breeze. Perhaps becaue we dont know any differently. I also think that the 2 mom part also makes it easier and we both work from home. I know several twin moms who seem frazzled and ready to shoot themselves and I could not for the life of me figure out why and I realized they are at home all alone with two babies and then have a husband to take care of  and .... well my mom says everyone always wants/ needs a second wife.. I am not sure if that is in-fact what makes the difference but the MoM's I know seem not to get a whole lot of help from their husbands.  I know that was a old school thought and a but of a generalization but proof is in the pudding (again with the MoMs I know.

But like i said we are home and we make a great team so the first set is awesome ( i could do with out the MOALAR teething part ) but even so not HORRIBLE and I dont wanna shoot myself.  So if i think its a breeze now then the next set should be a easy cheeasy if there is one.

The only diff now is that I would carry DW had to swear to MFM that she would not have twins again ( pregnancy was so-so  bed rest and almost loosing them at 20 weeks) but I am not crazy bout the idea of me caring twins but with AMA and only one vial of sperm looks like it might be a possibility.

Thanks for the feedback ... 

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • image2moms2twins:
    imagehayleydeee:
    imagemummyofsix:

i have to say our first set is a breeze. Perhaps becaue we dont know any differently. I also think that the 2 mom part also makes it easier and we both work from home. I know several twin moms who seem frazzled and ready to shoot themselves and I could not for the life of me figure out why and I realized they are at home all alone with two babies and then have a husband to take care of  and .... well my mom says everyone always wants/ needs a second wife.. I am not sure if that is in-fact what makes the difference but the MoM's I know seem not to get a whole lot of help from their husbands.  I know that was a old school thought and a but of a generalization but proof is in the pudding (again with the MoMs I know.

But like i said we are home and we make a great team so the first set is awesome ( i could do with out the MOALAR teething part ) but even so not HORRIBLE and I dont wanna shoot myself.  So if i think its a breeze now then the next set should be a easy cheeasy if there is one.

The only diff now is that I would carry DW had to swear to MFM that she would not have twins again ( pregnancy was so-so  bed rest and almost loosing them at 20 weeks) but I am not crazy bout the idea of me caring twins but with AMA and only one vial of sperm looks like it might be a possibility.

Lol, I can't even count how many times I've joked to DH that I want a wife! I am very fortunate that he does try really hard to be equal in the parenting and upkeep of the household. But, the truth is that there really is a difference between the sexes. I think multitasking just comes easer to us women (and that is a necessary skill when you have multiples).  

That is so great that you both get to be at home. It sounds like another set of twins might be a great fit for your family!  Be sure to keep us posted : )

Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • image2moms2twins:
    imagehayleydeee:
    imagemummyofsix:

I was AMA with both my singleton and the twins.  Don't let that scare you off!!!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I joke all the time that I need a wife. A lot more than I need a husband these days, that's for sure! Maybe just a hot man-servant would work? Where can I sign up to get one of those? 

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • Not completely relevant, but I met a sweet, elderly woman today. She was oohing and aahing over the babies and then she told me that she had 2 sets of twins....15 months apart!! The first set were girls and second were boys.
    J - 9/6/09 L and A - 1/17/12
  • imageMelleTX:

I joke all the time that I need a wife. A lot more than I need a husband these days, that's for sure! Maybe just a hot man-servant would work? Where can I sign up to get one of those? 

You should totally hire a manny.  :) 

D & R were born at 37w5d.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekiwi443:
    Not completely relevant, but I met a sweet, elderly woman today. She was oohing and aahing over the babies and then she told me that she had 2 sets of twins....15 months apart!! The first set were girls and second were boys.

Wow, I can't imagine! I know a MoM in my MOTC who had 21-month-old B/G twins and newborn twin boys. She and her husband came to an MOTC My Gym play date with all four when the second set were like a week old. I was in awe. ;)

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • You are amazing for doing it!  We just found out we're expecting again, and I'll be interested to see how many in a couple of weeks... ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
    TTC #1 Since July 2009 slightly low progesterone, endo, kinked right tube, Clomid, Lap and Hysteroscopy, and 13 months TTC = BFP! (7/23/10) Cautiously Expecting... 8/19/10 - it's TWINS!... 11/8/10 - Boy/Girl twins! Born 37w4d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"