Stay at Home Moms
Options

Napping sign.

Hi all I SAHM but I never post over here, I'm just wondering if any of you have a sign for naptime on your front door. I just had some stupid political person come knock on my door causing my dogs to go crazy not more than 5 minutes after I laid DD down and I just HATE when this happens! Insight pleaaaaaase, effective? not effective? rude? I just don't know what else to do... TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Napping sign.

• Options

I don't, but I just wanted to tell you I understand how frustrating it is. ( Also, going door to door must be frustrating, Sadly, I can't imagine most people are nice to you.) We have a train that goes by across the street in the park and it use to be quieter but now it's extremely loud. My two year old wears train muffs because he's so scared and it wakes the baby from naps daily and sometimes at night. It's never at the same time, so I can never plan naps or bedtime around it. I've cried over it.

Anyhow, I sign won't help me, but I know etsy has some cute ones you could check out. At least it's not a daily thing.

Mom to Emma, Noah, Isaac, Asa, Asher, Jonah and expecting baby Alice 7/16

• Options

I have a small sign I printed offline that's says please don't ring bell, baby sleeping. 

I usually only put it out on days I'm expecting a package, so ups/FedEx don't ring the bell. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagediscobelle:

I hate that, too!  But for safety reasons, I don't want a sign on my door that tells the world I have a small child inside.

I might do a "no soliciting" sign instead.   It probably wouldn't stop them though.  So annoying.

I thought of this too, but I'm sure the kid toys outside kind of give it away...lol It just happens sooo often and my dogs are so annoying with their barking that I'm at the end of my rope! Sorry about the train situation to one of the previous posters...omg I would cry too. Naptimes are sacred.

• Options
    I HATE when people come to my door.  Hate it.  I'm seriously considering a no soliciting sign.  I don't know if it would help, but I'd feel better being rude and just telling people to go away if I had one posted. 
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    We have 3 big labs and an 8 week old. We disconnected the doorbell and added a sign that said "if we are not expecting you we will not be answering the door!" Problem solved :
    imageimage

• Options

I have a sign that says, "Please knock gently. Baby sleeping."

I have the same problem. The doorbell won't wake him, it's the dog barking. I often put the dog out during naptime, but in the summer it's just too hot to force her to spend 2 hours outside in 100+ weather when we don't have shade.

• Options

imageKimbus22:
    No but we do have a giant "Keep Out" sign on the tree next to the driveway and that seems to do the truck :)

Genius! Yes

• Options
    How about a sign that says doorbell broken please knock? That way you aren't advertising that you have a baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Natural miscarriage @ 5w2d 5/25/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My SIL taped over their doorbell with a "Do not ring--baby sleeping" note...and people STILL rang the bell.  They just pressed on the note to do so.  So I'm not sure how much good it would do.  :(
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options
    Kids Napping.
    You wake 'em, you take 'em.
    Please do not ring the doorbell.
    Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"