Food Allergy
Options

How do you know if LO has an allergy & WWYD?

DD is 5 months old and I've suspected some kind of food sensitivity for a while but nothing has been consistent. She just recently started having some signs that I've read about (red ring around diaper area, green, mucousy stools, but no blood in stool) and I'm not sure what to do. My diet is 99% plant based so I eat very little dairy. I can't think of anything abnormal I've eaten lately, possibly more soy than normal. She is EBF and has been the entire time. She typically only poops 1x a week but within the last 24 hours has pooped 3x, twice at night so it seemed abnormal. I'd appreciate any resources you can direct me to! 
www.lulukangaroo.com Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: How do you know if LO has an allergy & WWYD?

• Options

A Dairy and soy intolerance are usually related and even if you are eating just a little bit of dairy... the smallest amount can irritate a baby with MSPI (milk soy protein intolerance).

If you are concerned you should eliminate all dairy (including hidden/baked in dairy, whey, etc) and soy from your diet. Sometimes you can see immediate results, other times it may take 5 or 6 weeks.

I would also contact your pedi to talk about your concerns.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks so much, I hadn't heard of that before. I plan to call the pediatrician Monday and ask about it.
    www.lulukangaroo.com Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"